If you could have one car...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steve broughton

Lancia-Delta-HF-Integrale.jpg

had one of these nothing left now but 2 numbers plates and the badge next to a bucket of rust, was a great car though.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
In keeping with the recent Italian cars posted, my motoring past includes an Alfa 164, 12 valve, 3 litre - I'd love another one of these (or the 24 valve Cloverleaf version). A fantastic, understated, comfortable and effortless cruiser.

Failing that my current object of desire is a Jaguar XF Sportbrake (one of the larger diesel engined versions). This seems to combine my requirements as a sports car, stylish motorway cruiser and easily taking a bike in the boot for weekends away. Just need ERNIE to select my numbers.

I don't drive and I really couldn't care less about cars... but 1968 Pontiac Firebird & the 1969 Ford Mustang Mach 1 are things of sheer beauty. But I'm not too fussy, any early model of either would do.

'68 Firebird
hppp_1104_06%2B1968_pontiac_firebird.jpg

'69 Mustang Mach 1
1969_ford_mustang_mach_1-pic-7511427271214852291.jpe

OP
OP
Boris Bajic

Boris Bajic

I accept that there ought to be some AMerican iron on the list, but although I admire the Mustang, I think that is the wrong model. Although the Firebird in the picture is a fine example, the wheels are a little too bling.

The real American cars for the list are the ones that featured in US TV shows in my youth. This was as close as I got to bubble gum and math in those days, so the cars wewre important:

Lincoln Continental coupe (Cannon)
Buick Regal (Kojak)
Not however... a Ford Torino, because it is described by every press hack as 'iconic' and that is the most odious word in Christendom. Similarly the Mustang and the Dodge in Bullet. Iconic? Schmiconic!

Top Bottom