If you could not go more than 2km from your home.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I might take the Brompton out tomorrow and do leisurely lap of the park perimeter road (and see how many times I can repeat it without getting bored!).
We have a perimeter path in our local path which is near enough 1 km in length. I tried doing laps once but got bored after only 4 so I gave up and went back out on the road! :laugh:

OP
OP
Ming the Merciless

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Half of my 2km radius circle is covered by sea at high tide, could I get a 4km radius to compensate please?

Swimming for exercise or a triathlon?

ColinJ

We have a perimeter path in our local path which is near enough 1 km in length. I tried doing laps once but got bored after only 4 so I gave up and went back out on the road! :laugh:
If the park were empty it could be quite fun bombing round it but it isn't safe to cycle quickly when there are kids and dogs randomly running about. Cycling slowly in circles isn't my idea of fun!

ColinJ

Hmm... The 2 km circle just prompted me to check out a local lane that I hadn't been down before (there aren't many of them) and Streetview does a weird jump!

I found what was possibly another viable climb up to Todmorden Edge and was proceeding along the lane when the Streetview camera suddenly shot off to somewhere else that I don't recognise! It looks like a village road somewhere near here, but not one that I have been along. I'll report it and see what happens...

:wacko:

MarkF

Guru
It is almost impossible to get even 1 metre away from people coming the other way (or when overtaking slowcoaches) on many towpaths! (I don't know how wide your local path is.)
It's variable Colin, either way, sometimes it is, sometimes not. But even under social distancing l would come into closer contact with multiple others, for far longer, on any short shopping trip.

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
The conventional wisdom appears to be that passing someone coming in the opposite direction on a footpath, even if the two meter spacing can't be achieved, is unlikely to present a threat unless one of you is unfortunate enough to cough or sneeze at the wrong moment.

It's spending time, as Mark says, in close proximity to others that we need to avoid. As I keep telling my wife ...

I would ignore it whose going to know? And what difference does it make? If you are social distancing that's it. Who would know I am mainly off road and a lot of the time trespassing. Although the latter is based on the farmer giving a shite. One rung a neighbour saying he had not seen the dog and me for a while. I think the emphasis was on the dog. I have injured my knee and calf so not walking through his yard in the morning.

Last edited:
The conventional wisdom appears to be that passing someone coming in the opposite direction on a footpath, even if the two meter spacing can't be achieved, is unlikely to present a threat unless one of you is unfortunate enough to cough or sneeze at the wrong moment.
I have read that tongueing should also be avoided to.

Last edited:
Top Bottom