If you could not go more than 2km from your home.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I can just get to Saltaire, but also have woods with bike trails, private traffic free roads, a park, the canal towpath, the river bank and a pile of hilly back roads for a work out.:hello:
It is almost impossible to get even 1 metre away from people coming the other way (or when overtaking slowcoaches) on many towpaths! (I don't know how wide your local path is.)

Technically I could keep within 2km of home and keeping on cycle paths without going off the estate. The only problem with that is, so is everyone else, albeit more walkers than cyclists. Even in normal times I only use part of a cycle lane and that has often got people wandering (I won`t use the word walking) in them, too engrossed in their phones to be aware of cyclists who might actually be on the cycle path. It is easier to keep a distance by going out into the country as long as villagers don`t tell me to go home.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Half of my 2km radius circle is covered by sea at high tide, could I get a 4km radius to compensate please?
How would you get home...? :whistle:

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
3 parks totally different to each other . Shops including a Polish deli no one has clocked on to so the line up waiting to get into Tesco :laugh: a316 i plan to start doing laps on as the traffic is so low and Richmond park is closed .

tyred

Legendary Member
I do have the 2KM restriction. :sad:

I am fortunate enough to live on the threshold of some amazing cycling country if I go westwards towards the mountains, lakes and sea but it is all out of reach to me now. Not too much locally for cycling within my 2 KM limit but there are some nice little walks and wooded areas that I have been using a lot and also pretty decent park which I worried would be too crowded but seemed to be empty this evening. I might take the Brompton out tomorrow and do leisurely lap of the park perimeter road (and see how many times I can repeat it without getting bored!).

Top Bottom