If you could not go more than 2km from your home.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
I live just past the Reservoir in the foreground , so 2km will do me just fine

OP
OP
Ming the Merciless

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Looked on OS mapping and realised I can also reach two lakes and an ancient woodland.

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
Whatever maximum radius of travel is imposed in the UK (if at all, and I'm sceptical that any will), it certainly isn't going to be defined in km.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Yes. Just like we have to do with road signs and speed limits.
It's bonkers! :wacko:

I remember the fuss about switching from our 'wonderful' pounds, shillings, and pence in 1971. A couple of years later it was all forgotten and we got on with a sensible new system.

I don't suppose that the UK will switch completely to the metric system in my lifetime since it hasn't in the 53 years since I was taught it at school but I'd love to be proved wrong about that.

anothersam

SMIDSMe
QzoqQaW.jpg

This approximates it for me. (Or not. Fact is I just wanted another excuse to use the graphic.)

It’s interesting seeing how everyone is situated.
Is that 2 km by road, 2 km as the crow flies, or does it take into account the curvature of the earth?
I reckon that in the event we’d all be following our own interpretation of the rule. For example, does it include 2km up?

We have direct access to the meadows surrounding our house. There’s even room to drop in provisions if necessary:

3XgGww0.jpg

6SQZCLA.jpg

yPmML4I.jpg

Q66CnD7.jpg

Perhaps the hammer ponds which dot the landscape could be put to use again should the community wish to be self-sufficient for its smelting needs.

gavgav

Guru
I could walk to the municipal golf course, which has public rights of way across it, providing they haven’t been locked, which I’ve not checked yet!

MarkF

Guru
I can just get to Saltaire, but also have woods with bike trails, private traffic free roads, a park, the canal towpath, the river bank and a pile of hilly back roads for a work out.:hello:

Last edited:

AndreaJ

Veteran
I have a small village school, church, few houses, 4 farms, lots of fields with cows, sheep, lambs, horses and lanes.

Top Bottom