If you had a Vintage Motorcycle...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BluesDave

Formerly known as DavidDecorator
What would it be and why?

Mine would be a Douglas Dragonfly or a blue Mark five because it is a rarely seen iconic bike which rides beautifully and is a joy to maintain. Failing that a Brough Superior which is arguably the best bike ever built of its time.
One day hmmm.

Night Train

Maker of Things
Probably one of these as it is most like a tractor, and I wouldn't be able to fall off it!
PHOTO_7148595_29029_2682713_ap.jpg

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I'd have a Vincent Class C Rapide.....because my father had one in the early 1950s. Polished up it is one of the most beautiful looking machines and it makes a great noise. It purrs and clicks and taps :smile:

Not being rich enough to aspire to owning a Vincent, I make do with this:

I'd settle for a DBD34 Gold Star. The distinctive twitter/whistle of the exhaust note on the over run...the hot oil smell after a run...ooohhh...I'm coming over all funny at the thought of ownership....
It's a realistic prospect.

bsa_1959_dbd34_goldstar_500cc.jpg

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I do have a potential classic lurking in the garage. A 1994 CB500 Honda twin with 8,200 genuine miles on the clock.

CB5001.jpg

Mark Grant

Acting Captain of The St Annes Jombulance.
I'd like a pre-1977 Fizzie.
When I was 16 I'd have loved one, but I couldn't afford one. And now I still can't.
A Honda SS50 would do at a pinch...

I had a Fizzy (FS1E) when I was 16. P reg, I thought about getting another a few years back but they go for a fortune now!

Also like the RD 350 LC above.

ASC1951

Guru
I'd settle for a DBD34 Gold Star. The distinctive twitter/whistle of the exhaust note on the over run...the hot oil smell after a run...ooohhh...I'm coming over all funny at the thought of ownership....
It's a realistic prospect.
You could get a brand new one, you know, with electric start and proper brakes and lights. Oh, hang on, it's a Royal Enfield
http://www.royalenfield.com/motorcycles/motor-cycles-models.aspx?model=13

I used to have a classic British bike, if not quite vintage, a 1972 850cc Norton Interplod. There is a good reason why we don't make motor bikes any more - we stopped spending money on R and D in the 1960s and for the next twenty five years carried on selling out of date thumpers which dribbled oil everywhere and stopped working in the rain.

Top Bottom