If you have a disabled car badge..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisKH

Guru
trustysteed said:
hmmm, too true. :smile:

when they have two working legs and two working arms, i'm thinking that if they have any other disability, should they be driving?

There are other disabilities, and the a badge is about access, or getting access quickly but I sympathise; there are freeloaders.

ChrisKH

Guru
wafflycat said:
I was most annoyed to find out that when MrWC *needed* one (leg in plaster for over six months and being self-employed, still having to work) he couldn't get one, as his disability wasn't 'permanent' So despite him having severely restricted mobility for best part of a year (over six months in plaster and then lots of rehab) and he *needed* the facility of easier parking, he couldn't get it. Bah!

I find this hard to deal with personally. When I applied for a badge they gave it to me for three years (I think, or maybe two) and I just never re-applied when it came up for renewal. You'd think they could do a six month or one year one for people with problems like this. Maybe even add an admin fee, but there is a need isn't there?

fossyant said:
Should have borrowed a child car seat and parked in "Parent and Child" parking..... like everyone else ;)

Genuine folk always have difficulty in getting what they are entitled to...crazy system.

My SO does that .... Her 85 year old mother cannot walk that far, but she wouldn't dream of a disabled badge, however they are mother and child so the parent and brat spaces are fair game

Top Bottom