If you wanted free cardboard boxes for moving, where would you go?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
wiggydiggy

wiggydiggy

Guru
Do you know anyone who works for NHS?
Most Wards/Departments, have a 'stores day' once a week, & get most items packed in large cardboard boxes
We just flatten ours, but staff are always asking for them

Many years ago, it all used to come in plastic 'crates' - with lids, on one house move, we borrowed (actually signed for!) about 50 of them
(plus with the lids on, they were stackable)
I do yeah, I'll try asking them thanks:okay:
We have a local Facebook group where people offer & ask for unwanted things - similar to Freecycle. There's also a Freecycle-type thing called Trash Nothing.
Ah I'm not on Facebook but I have registered for Frecycle.
Bike shops. Bike boxes are great for moving house. Just mind the staples.
Really? I would have thought they are a bit flat or do I have the wrong idea of what boxes they come in?

OP
OP
wiggydiggy

wiggydiggy

Guru
Don't forget a sack barrow is useful for moving heavy boxes. Most domestic ones are lying idle so you may be able to borrow.
Saves your back and I used to handle 30Kg boxes regularly with no back problems.
Good shout.

Parents have offered me theirs but pre warned it's 'a cheap one'. I think I'm going to buy a different one outright as they are useful to have around.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Good shout.

Parents have offered me theirs but pre warned it's 'a cheap one'. I think I'm going to buy a different one outright as they are useful to have around.
I have a very old one which is decidedly rough as it was well used but for my freezer being removed I borrowed a modern one from a neighbour which was nearly 5ft high and much easier to use for a high freezer.

Top Bottom