1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you went to the cash machine....

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by bobg, 12 Mar 2008.

1. bobg

bobg Über Member

keyed in £30 and £200 came out, then did it again and another £200 came out what would you do??? :biggrin::biggrin:

2. 4F

4F Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby

I would keep keying in £ 30 until it stopped paying out

3. ChrisKH

ChrisKH Shorts Adjustment Expert

The bank will click on to you eventually and debit your account accordingly.

4. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

I would publish the location of the said cash machine immediately via PM to everyone who had posted on this thread. :sad:

5. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Miserable Old Bar Steward

Buy a bike, I haven't got a card at the mo

6. TheDoctor

TheDoctor Man-Machine Staff Member

Let the bank know ASAP.
    As ChrisKH says, it's wrong, and the bank will come after you for their money.

7. Haitch

Haitch Flim Flormally

bobg, is there something you want to share with us?

8. ChrisKH

ChrisKH Shorts Adjustment Expert

Like, cash. :sad:

9. Fnaar

Fnaar Smutmaster General

RReport your card stolen this morning?

10. bobg

bobg Über Member

:sad::biggrin::biggrin: Splendid lateral thinking!! Fnaar

Sorry for the delay. I was just browsing round Edinburgh Cycles site...

11. Arch

Arch Married to Night Train

I'd wonder how I had that much money to get out...

Nah, they're bound to catch up in the end, not worth the hassle of trying to pull a fast one...

12. ColinJ

ColinJ Slow Hill Climber/Station lift avoider!

Smile to the camera, collect all the money, then phone the bank and ask for a reward :angry:

Many years ago when I was young and foolish, I was a smoker. In those days there was a lot of concern that innocent shopkeepers were being prosecuted for selling ciggies to under-age kids, but eventually an ingenious solution was found - the street-corner cigarette machine! This technology allowed the financial needs of the vendors and the health-endangerment needs of the children to be met on neutral, no-blame ground - perfect!

So there I was, staggering back from a long night at the pub with my mates when I was alarmed to feel my lungs beginning to clear. I realised that I was in imminent danger of my young smoker's cough vanishing, but help was at hand in the form of one of said ciggie-machines. I fished out the last of my loose change and fed it into the machine's coin slot. Disaster - the coins clattered straight through the machine and down into the coin tray below. I tried five or six times, but the machine wouldn't accept my money; what was a boy to do? Something made me try the the cigarette drawer anyway and to my surprise, I became the proud owner of a glistening pack of 10 Woodbines. I tried again and got another pack. I kept going until I'd emptied the machine. At first I felt guilty, as if I was nothing better than a common criminal. But then I realised that there was an alternative way of looking at it - those cigarettes were just excellent value for money ;)!

13. bobg

bobg Über Member

I'm struggling with my dark half at the mo' Its saying " hey, Lloyds pre tax profits for 2007 were £4b --- ":evil: ... trouble is, thats pretty much what the other side's saying too!

14. simonali

simonali Über Member

I had a mate who this happened to. Turned out the the screen had dropped down inside the machine so he actually was drawing out £200 at a time from his account!

15. rich p

rich p ridiculous old lush

I'll start feeling sorry for the banks when they stop ripping me off and stop making obscene profits.