If you went to the cash machine....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
trustysteed said:
if it's cash, how can they actually prove that the machine gave you £200, just show 'em £30 and say that's all you got.
Prove ? Proof ? The law is there to protect the big boys not the plebs. The big boys would never ever tell porkies. Whereas you would need 3 witnesses, one of whom must be a J.P.

yenrod

Elmer Fudd said:
Prove ? Proof ? The law is there to protect the big boys not the plebs. The big boys would never ever tell porkies. Whereas you would need 3 witnesses, one of whom must be a J.P.

I wonder if youd get anywhere with p.stevens as your lawyer ! :sad:

Maz

Guru
we had a snack vending m/c @ work that went mental, giving out free stuff to all who cared to press the appropriate numbers.
it was emptied within 10 minutes.

A friend of mine attempted to withdraw $600 from a cash machine, keyed his pin in etc, the machine made a whirring noise and ..... nothing happened, so he went into the bank to have a word, the records showed that the money had been removed from his account, and from the machine.

He just hadn't waited long enough, the machine had taken a while counting his money and gave it to the next lucky soul who walked past.

Mortiroloboy

Put the 'extra' cash safe, wait , then check your balance to see if the bank has debited the full amount, if the bank hasn't noticed their error, wait a bit longer to give them the opportunity to notice the error. Then keepthe money, and wait for something bad to happen to you. Then wish you had gone into the bank and handed the cash back.

OP
OP
bobg

bobg

Über Member
User259iroloboy said:
Put the 'extra' cash safe, wait , then check your balance to see if the bank has debited the full amount, if the bank hasn't noticed their error, wait a bit longer to give them the opportunity to notice the error. Then keepthe money, and wait for something bad to happen to you. Then wish you had gone into the bank and handed the cash back.

Bum, Wee wee, knickers etc... Just been to the bank ( in disguise:biggrin:) and asked for a statement - the whole £400 amount was debited. maybe I should complain ...... Ah well owt for nowt etc - and I just sent Buggi a cheque too!

FatBloke

Über Member
Lets see. They know your name, address and bank account number. They probably know that you got £200 instead of £30.
They almost certainly have cctv footage of the transaction, and your silly, delighted, grinning visage.

I know what I'd do! :evil:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
FatBloke said:
Lets see. They know your name, address and bank account number. They probably know that you got £200 instead of £30.
They almost certainly have cctv footage of the transaction, and your silly, delighted, grinning visage.

I know what I'd do! :evil:

Well, nothing as the money has come out of his own account!

Top Bottom