Ignorant twunt

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
i think he's raised a number of very reasonable points... for an ignorant fecker who wants everything his own way.

I wonder if he's chuffed with the number of supporters his petition gained?

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
1) Our roads aren't wide enough to safely support cyclists. When we overtake we're forced to use the wrong side of the road.
That's called overtaking
2) Cyclists don't pay road tax.
Yawn Yawn
3) Most can't cycle in a straight line.
Very true , I see wobblers all the time
4) A lot don't wear any helmets
Again very true .
5) Cyclists don't have to obey the Highway Code.
Some do , some are knobbers and think they don't have to ,, so Yes very true
6) Cyclists have no insurance so if a cyclist damages a car the owner will likely have no compensation.
Most don't so yes very true
7) Some cycle double-abreast, creating an even greater hazard.
Wish I was double abreasted
8) They are a danger to themselves and drivers as they can't keep up with a decent road speed. If a car was caught by Police travelling at a cycle's speed the driver would be fined for obstructing others and/or dangerous driving.
Looking at one of the other threads, the police will all be to busy arresting web site owners for publishing times after sportives, so no worries there then

Bman

Guru
I really do wish that instead of just closing it, the whole petition was ripped to sh*t so all those points could be publicly ridiculed. A list of reasons why its a stupidly thought out petition and why it was closed should be posted below.

Kookas

Über Member
Anyone can make a petition on there - the fact that some people don't like cyclists is hardly big news. Should we make a thread for every page we find on the Internet that calls for a cyclist ban?

martint235

Dog on a bike
5 is a bit silly. No one has to obey the Highway Code. It's guidance. If there's a bit in there that says "must" it's backed up by a law somewhere, usually the RTA.

Top Bottom