Ignorant twunt

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
and most ppl's house insurance covers them :smile:

It's far from the norm plus they can be very restrictive and/or have low levels of 3rd party cover.

He calls for more cycle-paths, what we actually need are less psychopaths like him..... If he feels this strongly about cyclists I would hate to have him driving behind me....:ohmy:

I'm not sure why it would be unfair.

I can't imagine anyone being best pleased if their vehicle and/or themselves/family members etc were damaged/injured by a cyclist with no 3rd party cover and/or minimal assets.

Or a driver in the same circumstances?

Many cyclists are already insured

400bhp

Guru
I'm not sure why it would be unfair.

I can't imagine anyone being best pleased if their vehicle and/or themselves/family members etc were damaged/injured by a cyclist with no 3rd party cover and/or minimal assets.

Chance of a cyclist causing damage to a car (a) x proportion of cyclists not able to pay for that damage (b) = trivial

(a) = very small frequency

(b) severity of damage to a car will be relatively small (panel damage) and court orders can make individuals pay back over a number of months.

Therefore no.6 in the Tool's petition is silly.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Chance of a cyclist causing damage to a car (a) x proportion of cyclists not able to pay for that damage (b) = trivial

(a) = very small frequency

(b) severity of damage to a car will be relatively small (panel damage) and court orders can make individuals pay back over a number of months.

Therefore no.6 in the Tool's petition is silly.

You're just focusing on minor panel damage.

What if a cyclist caused a car to swerve and cause a multiple vehicle accident? What if an accident caused serious injury, loss of earnings etc? I accept that it's not likely but then most insured risks aren't.

I think that not to have any TP cover, either via home insurance or a cycling specific policy, is unwise in much the same way as dog owners whose pets who have no TP cover are equally 'silly' to use your word.

Sometimes what can be seen as interfering legislation is good for all parties concerned.

We do hear a lot about parity for cyclists with other road users and I don't feel it's right to pick and choose exactly what pieces of parity we want. If other road users are required to have TP cover as a minimum then so should cyclists and horse riders.

Night Train

Maker of Things
1) Our roads aren't wide enough to safely support trucks, buses, cars and other road users. When I overtake I am forced to use the wrong side of the road.
2) No one pays road tax anymore - it is chaos I tell ye!
3) Most people don't drive in a straight line, I can do a line even when I am ragging it.
4) Drivers don't wear any helmets, especially in convertibles
5) Hardly any of my mates obey the Highway Code.
6) My mates don't have no insurance either so if he hits another road user they will likely have no compensation.
7) Some people on the road have breasts, creating an even greater hazard when I have to rubber neck 'em.
8) Other people are a danger to themselves and me as they can't keep up with a decent 'Max Power' road speed. If a car was caught by Police traveling as fast as me then hopefully that driver would be fined for speeding first allowing me to get away scott free.

FTFY ;)

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
pRJfgXW.gif

Top Bottom