Illegal bicycle lights, so powerful they burn paper!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Don't worry folks, the mods have this on watch !

It's not so much the brightness that's the problem with them, it's daft chunts that, rather than pointing them down at the road, have them pointing straight forwards dazzling fellow cyclists and motorists. Seems very prevalent on the well lit streets of London. The angle of the light positioned in the picture once the video has run is a prime example.

Whilst it may sound harsh, I'm glad you were fined.

Actually it is the fault of the designers who have continually failed to focus or filter the beams of bicycle lights.

None of these lights would blind anybody if they were properly designed.

I use a set of German lights that are brighter than some of the other sets, yet because they have a proper beam pattern there are no issues

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
It's not so much the brightness that's the problem with them, it's daft chunts that, rather than pointing them down at the road, have them pointing straight forwards dazzling fellow cyclists and motorists. Seems very prevalent on the well lit streets of London. The angle of the light positioned in the picture once the video has run is a prime example.

Whilst it may sound harsh, I'm glad you were fined.

Well said....

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Thread is on other forums also :hello:

pclay

Veteran
Video must be fake. How can light alone cause paper to burn. There needs to be a heat source as well.

Drago

Legendary Member
Fist of all, what power did the Dibble exercise to seize your lights?

And second, why were you pointing them in people's faces instead of at the road surface ahead of your sickle?

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Regardless of the OP's claims. Badly angled bike lights are as much of a PITA as inappropriately used full beams on cars & I'm a big fan of my fresnel glass on my T6, proper dark use light, it widens and flattens the beam so I get to see all I need forwards without blinding people with the added bonus of more to the side illumination too

Top Bottom