Illegal Intakes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Skipper

Pre-ride I often take on board a strong cup of caffeine, with a sugar boost. Often have some high carbo foods the night before as well. These are all 'performance enhancing' products, that presumably make me go faster for longer, and train harder. But they are all legal? Just wondering where the line is between legal and Lance Armstrong?

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Yes.

If the coffee is drunk from a plastic container or has artificial sweteners in it, it is illegal.

If it is served by someone who has a job in a caff, but calls themselves a 'barista', it is illegal.

If you are offered almond or hazlenut syruppy stuff in it or asked "What can I get you today?", then it is illegal.

If you had to pop open a single-serving sachet and felt (however briefly) like George Clooney as you inserted it into your absurdly complex coffee maker, then it is illegal.

The rules are complex, but they are there for your benefit. If you find them harsh, it is already too late for you.

woah...... what a list, now I see why professional athletes can't just go to a chemist for lemsip :ohmy:
I dont know if you remember the skier Baxter. He's an astmatic and used an inhaler all his life he ran out during the olympics and used a local US one; he won bronze and was disqualified the inhaler on public sale! apparently contained one of the banned substances :ohmy:

I dont know if you remember the skier Baxter. He's an astmatic and used an inhaler all his life he ran out during the olympics and used a local US one; he won bronze and was disqualified the inhaler on public sale! apparently contained one of the banned substances :ohmy:

I can see it could happen very easily

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Paying over £3 in costalot coffee for a cardboard cup of something vaguely coffee like should definitely be banned.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire

It was even less suspicious than that.

_1885843_baxter_inhaler300.jpg

on the road

Über Member
Pre-ride I often take on board a strong cup of caffeine, with a sugar boost. Often have some high carbo foods the night before as well. These are all 'performance enhancing' products, that presumably make me go faster for longer, and train harder. But they are all legal? Just wondering where the line is between legal and Lance Armstrong?
If you're not entering races or time trials then who cares?

Top Bottom