I'm a hero!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Normally I dislike the overuse of the word "hero", but in this case I think it's fully deserved.
For the serious of thought, I'm only jesting. It was hardly heroic, just a weeks holiday spent going for an enjoyable bike ride, and raising some money for a local cause. Don't see any harm in combining the two, but I'm sure some will disagree.

The local paper got hold of the story of my recent trip from Mull of Galloway to John o' Groats, a Scottish end to end. The headline is a bit OTT in my opinion, but here it is (N.B. Please DO NOT make any further donations to the BTDonate link as target has been reached - donate to a charity of your own choice if you wish; and many thanks to all the CC'ers who donated at the time).

MOGJOG L&M.jpg

Edited to crudely protect identities!

Last edited:

Milkfloat

An Peanut
@Brandane Congratulations on riding your bike and having an enjoyable trip. You are a hero to me for being able to lift your semi loaded bike above your head. :tongue:

13 rider

Guru
Your a hero for enduring the windy and wet weather you encountered .
But of a bit ott headline but enjoy your fame and we all know your names not brandane now

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
The headline says Brandane was 'hailed' a hero, so it would be correct if someone else had called him a hero, even if you disagree with the description.

If the journalist has a quote from someone saying: 'Brandane is a hero', she has omitted to use it, so the headline cannot be justified.

All of which is considerably less interesting than Brandane's effort for this community project which really seems to have made a difference.

Davos87

Guru
Yes well done. A terrific effort for such a good cause. You should feel very proud of yourself.

Top Bottom