I'm a hero!

Discussion in 'General Cycling Discussions' started by Brandane, 8 Nov 2018 at 15:38.

1. Brandane

Brandane Fair weather cyclist.

Normally I dislike the overuse of the word "hero", but in this case I think it's fully deserved.
    For the serious of thought, I'm only jesting. It was hardly heroic, just a weeks holiday spent going for an enjoyable bike ride, and raising some money for a local cause. Don't see any harm in combining the two, but I'm sure some will disagree.

The local paper got hold of the story of my recent trip from Mull of Galloway to John o' Groats, a Scottish end to end. The headline is a bit OTT in my opinion, but here it is (N.B. Please DO NOT make any further donations to the BTDonate link as target has been reached - donate to a charity of your own choice if you wish; and many thanks to all the CC'ers who donated at the time).

MOGJOG L&M.jpg

Edited to crudely protect identities!

Last edited: 8 Nov 2018 at 18:57
  2. Milkfloat

Milkfloat Veteran

@Brandane Congratulations on riding your bike and having an enjoyable trip. You are a hero to me for being able to lift your semi loaded bike above your head. :tongue:

3. 13 rider

13 rider Guru

Your a hero for enduring the windy and wet weather you encountered .
    But of a bit ott headline but enjoy your fame and we all know your names not brandane now

Brandane likes this.
  4. .......And a hero to all those elderly residents who take the opportunity to ride those Trishaw cycles.:okay: :bicycle:

Pat "5mph" and Brandane like this.
  5. Jody

Jody Über legend of a forum GOD!

Brandane likes this.
  6. Pale Rider

Pale Rider Guru

The headline says Brandane was 'hailed' a hero, so it would be correct if someone else had called him a hero, even if you disagree with the description.

If the journalist has a quote from someone saying: 'Brandane is a hero', she has omitted to use it, so the headline cannot be justified.

All of which is considerably less interesting than Brandane's effort for this community project which really seems to have made a difference.

Brandane likes this.
  7. Rooster1

Rooster1 I was right about that saddle

Bravo

Brandane likes this.
  8. raleighnut

raleighnut Guru

9. Davos87

Davos87 Über Member

Yes well done. A terrific effort for such a good cause. You should feel very proud of yourself.

Brandane likes this.
  10. ianrauk

ianrauk Tattooed Beat Messiah

11. twentysix by twentyfive

twentysix by twentyfive Clinging on tightly

Well done that man :bravo:

Brandane likes this.
  12. Reiver

Reiver Legendary Member

I just loved this quote
    "I had tried doing it before but the rain got too bad i jumped on the train and went home"

didn't know you didn't care for the rain.? you've never mentioned it before.

It's a good positive story so well done you

13. Katherine

Katherine Guru Moderator Photo Winner

Very proud of you.
    Awesome effort

Brandane likes this.
  14. Old jon

Old jon Veteran

Brilliant!!

Brandane and Bobby Mhor like this.
  15. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe Legendary Member

Well done sir.

Brandane and Bobby Mhor like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice