I'm a yoga wimp!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
thats nothing . i too can ride a fair distance but i tried that insanity fitness test 1 day - just 1 day ! i thought i had bust my body , it even hurt to roll over in bed

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I do pilates and I don't know what made last weeks class so hard, but I should have been worried when the teacher winced during a movement and jested that it would be us later on. Normally I do ache a tiny amount about 36 hours after, but this week it kicked in from the moment I woke the next morning. I expect I worked my core muscles (which are extremely work shy), far more than normal. I'm hoping it will be more on leg muscles next week as obviously I find those exercises easier:whistle:

Joshua Plumtree

Approaching perfection from a distance.
No problems ( relatively speaking!) riding 100 miles in a day, but a couple of hours of 'social' Badminton on a Friday evening leave my buttocks on fire for the whole week-end! :ohmy:

young Ed

Veteran
i would say you were working a different muscle set than you usually do (probably abs more than legs)
also something called (i think) muscle drain happens when you start working a set of muscles more than another set, for example i used to have not bad abs before i started cycling and moving 160 tons of hay this summer. now i have elephants thighs and the arms are also showing the results of 160 tons moved, but the abs are sadly non-existent
Cheers Ed

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Just got my total gym set up again as i managed to get the tumble dryer back in the house now the kitchen layout has changed and my arms still hurt from sunday .

Drago

Legendary Member
+1 for pilates. In my prime I could deadlift 660lbs and used to eat 20kg discs for breakfast, but 20 minutes in a Pilates class and I was a broken man.

OP
OP
BigonaBianchi

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
Its just a different kind of fitness, take them on a bike ride and see how far they get .
oh man you have no idea how much id like to take them on a bike :tongue::tongue::stop:

Christopher

Über Member
I do beginners' yoga with a good teacher. Felt much better after the class than before! Quite a lot at our level is practicing breathing which isn't very hard. It is quite relaxing too.

The same place does "challenging men-only yoga". Just exactly what I want to avoid - a bunch of guys trying to out-do one another and probably getting hurt. I will stick to the numpty class ta very much. Might go to intermidiate after a while...

Top Bottom