I'm about to be a hypocrit!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm off to meet up with the First Bus exec director shortly for publicity photos. (Give Cyclists Room thingy) Looking out the window, it is lashing down at the moment. I had planned on cycling there, but if I did I'd look completely drenched in the photos. So I'm going to be a hypocrit and take the bike in the car!:blush:

Hopefully they won't think I'm a fraud!:biggrin:

I'll let you know how it goes later.....

Freewheeler

Just park round the corner and make out you rode in :-)

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Freewheeler,

I think they would notice that I was miraculously dry!

Starseven,

Oh I'd never want to get on a First bus...:blush:

Serously I'd have to change about 3 buses. Not enough time and I'd be taking my bike.

I have a good excuse as I don't want to looked soaked for the photo. That would be a bad advertisment for cycling!

Better get going now...:biggrin:

Tynan

Veteran
if you're going to be one stick an 'e' on the end

we wouldn't want the bus people to think cyclists were illiterate init

bonj2

Yeah you don't want to be drenched in the photos, that isn't really going to encourage people to cycle.

domtyler

Über Member
About to be?
20.gif

Arch

Married to Night Train
I guess this is going to come too late...

Why do you need to look drenched? If the photo's indoors, you just make sure you're well waterproofed and/or change when you get there. If outdoors, then everyone will be getting wet. Get there in time to give your waterproofs a decent shake to get the worst off, and towel your hair and comb it (I'm assuming as a bloke you have fairly short hair anyway).

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Arch said:
I guess this is going to come too late...

Why do you need to look drenched? If the photo's indoors, you just make sure you're well waterproofed and/or change when you get there. If outdoors, then everyone will be getting wet. Get there in time to give your waterproofs a decent shake to get the worst off, and towel your hair and comb it (I'm assuming as a bloke you have fairly short hair anyway).

never make that assumption with me arch :biggrin: :blush:

domtyler

Über Member
You could have the "Give cyclists a room" campaign and then we could end up getting free accommodation at Travelodges all over the UK.

domtyler said:
You could have the "Give cyclists a room" campaign and then we could end up getting free accommodation at Travelodges all over the UK.

Think I would rather get wet if the gatwick one is typical.:blush:

domtyler

Über Member
Perhaps some MP somewhere saw one of the stickers just before going to vote on the scrapping of GMT in favour of permanent BST and in the near darkness thought it was "Give Cyclists Gloom", causing him to vote against the motion.

Arch

Married to Night Train
domtyler said:
Perhaps some MP somewhere saw one of the stickers just before going to vote on the scrapping of GMT in favour of permanent BST and in the near darkness thought it was "Give Cyclists Gloom", causing him to vote against the motion.

Someone might also read of my knitting exploits, think I ought to make proper cloth and ask "Give Cyclists Looms"...

Struggling up hills sometimes I'd like some one to "Give Cyclists (me!) Oomph!"

Top Bottom