I'm an auntie!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Would you like to edit your broken quote tags, or shall I take the liberty as a mod?;)

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
I suspect what they MEANT was "...but she wears makeup and girly clothes and has a hair style, and you don't." Which is perfectly true;)

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
Arch said:
Better... but unless Dom looks a lot like his sister, still needs a tweak...;)

Well done and all that but is your sister really, seroiusly calling the kid Dom? I only ask cos that's German for cathedral although it does sound more like a Sicilian mafia boss.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Andy in Sig;37557][quote name= said:

Well done and all that but is your sister really, seroiusly calling the kid Dom? I only ask cos that's German for cathedral although it does sound more like a Sicilian mafia boss.[/QUOTE]

now look what you've done arch :eek::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
(obviously no blame on my part whatsoever :biggrin::biggrin:)

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Andy in Sig;37557][quote name= said:

Well done and all that but is your sister really, seroiusly calling the kid Dom? I only ask cos that's German for cathedral although it does sound more like a Sicilian mafia boss.[/QUOTE]

Noooooooooo!

Nephew is called Oliver. Dom refers to 'our' Dom here, who ended up mistakenly quoted by alec, when he meant to quote me.. God, it's getting like a synopsis from Eastenders...

Funnily enough, I'm not sure what Oliver's surname is - sis and partner are long term engaged but not married. So I don't know if he's an Archer or not. Probably ought to enquire!

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Arch;37570][quote name= said:
Arch said:
Well done and all that but is your sister really, seroiusly calling the kid Dom? I only ask cos that's German for cathedral although it does sound more like a Sicilian mafia boss.

Noooooooooo!

Nephew is called Oliver. Dom refers to 'our' Dom here, who ended up mistakenly quoted by alec, when he meant to quote me.. God, it's getting like a synopsis from Eastenders...

Funnily enough, I'm not sure what Oliver's surname is - sis and partner are long term engaged but not married. So I don't know if he's an Archer or not. Probably ought to enquire!
if he was born in hospital his tag will say either "oliver archer" or "baby archer" as they always match baby's name with mum's. of course when he's registered he will be "oliver (surname of choice)".

if sis and bro in common law are thinking of going down the double-barreled route, tell them from me that they'll be subjecting little oliver to a life of explaining what a hyphen is (and where to find it on the keyboard) to dumb-ass call centre staff. (i even once got asked "how do you spell hyphen?").

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
alecstilleyedye said:
if sis and bro in common law are thinking of going down the double-barreled route, tell them from me that they'll be subjecting little oliver to a life of explaining what a hyphen is (and where to find it on the keyboard) to dumb-ass call centre staff. (i even once got asked "how do you spell hyphen?").

I don't know if they're planning that, but I'll warn them ;)

I'd only think of it if I met a man with the surname Sturmey, of course...

longers

Legendary Member
Congrats to all involved. ;)

Winchester is a great place, nice walk out along the meadows to St Cross and back. You can see pike in the river sometimes and Dabchicks which are great little birds. My wife's family are all from round there, lovely part of the world (although they are my ex-inlaws now:sad:)

Arch;37619][QUOTE=alecstilleyedye said:

My surname's MacGregor, and as it is the less common spelling in England I usually pre-empt the question when asked "What's your surname?" by answering, "MacGregor, M-A-C."

More than once a call centre operative has either asked what MAC stands for or mistaken it for MSc! ;)

Top Bottom