I'm back from the Norwegian Fjords

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndrewClark

Veteran
Thanks for the report & pics. Wonderful country for touring. My first trip there was up to the Lofoten & Westeralen islands. Really beautiful and quite easy riding. My second trip was a loop from Bergen to Flora with a hydrofoil back to Bergen. That was tougher (mountains) and wetter. Such a pity that they closed down the Newcastle - Bergen ferry.

Maz

Guru
Geat photos, breath-taking views.
I am very envious.

That was a good read and view, thanks Anthony. Well done! I liked the stern looking sheep in the foreground of one of the photos, and the ribbon-like switchback one is a lovely abstract.
P1000309.JPG

Penfold

Great CGOAB journal....Awesome pictures....

I hope you don't mind but I have borrowed the switchback photo for my screen saver..;)

It's just such an inspiring picture and perhaps, when I've lost half my body weight and found a pair of legs that a Tour De France cycling God has discarded I may be able to tackle such a climb (or Country for that matter)

That of course depends on the wife letting me out to play :blush:

OP
OP
Anthony

Anthony

Great CGOAB journal....Awesome pictures....

I hope you don't mind but I have borrowed the switchback photo for my screen saver..;)

It's just such an inspiring picture and perhaps, when I've lost half my body weight and found a pair of legs that a Tour De France cycling God has discarded I may be able to tackle such a climb (or Country for that matter)

That of course depends on the wife letting me out to play :blush:

No problem at all. :smile:

Arch

Married to Night Train
That switchback is bonkers! It looks like someone dropped the road on the mountain by mistake....

Stunning scenery. I can't say it's made me yearn to go, but then I'm a lousy climber. Maybe one day.

Still, that road would be fun. Coming down on the trike....

willem

Über Member
I did the Tindevegen in Norway, and looking back it was just like this. It was pretty murderous, but glorious when you have done it (not everyone in the group made it though). That in part is why I get obsessive about weight. Going light means you can do things you would not contemplate otherwise.
Willem

toroddf

Day 7 is called The Golden Route and I am pretty sure you can get a diploma (for your wall) for it.

I believe I have this diploma somewhere on a wall back in Norway from when I did it back in 1990. I did it the opposite way and with the ferry from Geiranger to Hellesylt as the icing on the cake at the end.  

Top Bottom