I'm bored

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Noodley said:
You soft southerners would have sat down and cried..

You're ALL soft southerners to me! :tongue:

bonj2

Joe24 said:
Bonj, times have changed from when you were a lad.
IIRC, under 16s can only carry something like 20kg, might be 15kg. Over 16's can carry 25kg, but that might be 20kg, and under 16's 15kg.
:tongue:
when i used to do a paper round they not surprisingly didn't weigh it before going out with it.
Basically i did sundays, which is the thickest papers, and most rounds were about a foot to 18 inches high. That would all fit in a paper bag, but was uncomfortable to carry, so we used to split it in two - the max you could comfortably carry without shoulder ache was about a 9 inch stack of papers.

Joe24 said:
Also, parents have to fill a form in, saying how many hours you work, and it cant go past a maximum number of hours. Can only do so many hours of work on a school day when there is school, so much on weekends. Should carry a tourch, whistle or other personal attach alarm, spare batteries, hi-vis vest, paper, pen and loads of other stuff. I did get given a leaflet thingy that had to be filled in. Lots of different rules with paper rounds now. There was about 2/3 things mum had to fill in, and that the paper shop had to fill in and be sent off.
Not that anyone really pays much attention to any of it, and bags are still loaded right up. I had a huge amount of weight in one bag the other day, bag was full and the papers were thick. My weekend morning round used to have loads of papers, used to be more then what the trolley could hold, and i had a bag. That wasnt long ago either. My evening round went from 19 to about 13 now, so bags are always light. Unless i have 3 rounds in:eek:
Next time i get one of these leaflet thingys, i'll scan it in. Stuff on how to cycle aswell. Might be one on the internet, not sure. I'll have a look around.

this is it... they probably did still have those rules in my day, but they probably just didn't bother with them.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
They dont weigh it now. They just send you out. I'm always tempted to say, "No cant, sorry, its too heavy, rules say i cant" but i wouldnt get an answer, dont think they would see the funny side to it either.
Rounds are bigger now then, Bonj, your round is small. Its a full paper trolley on sunday, 3/4 full on saturdays. Paper trolley can get about 50cm of papers in.
Theres one guy(in his 40's) that does it, and has 2 big bags full of papers and goes off on his bike like that. The weight on the back wheel is huge, its pretty much just the rim thats running on the floor :tongue:

Joe24

Young Un said:
how many rides do you do joe

i do one 127 paper round every friday

I do an evening round mon-sat, then a morning round sat-sun. So i'm up early every morning. I walk them, not huge, especially my evening one, only take me 15mins:becool: More time to ride my bike when i had school in the day:becool:

OP
OP
Young Un

Young Un

and how much do u get for that may i ask

i get 4 quid plus leaflets:angry:

Joe24

hahaha:smile: I get £13 for all my rounds. If i do extra evening, its £1, extra morning £1.50 unless i blag some more and might get £2.
He still doesnt want to understand, pay rise :biggrin:

Don't worry, Young Un, we all have to got through our 'apprenticeship'! It helps us to appreciate money!

My first job, at the age of 14 (in 1974) was picking peas!
I got 22p for a pound in weight picked. If I'd lied, like my mates did, and said I was 15, I'd have got 25p per pound! :biggrin:

Top Bottom