I'm bored

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Young Un

As the title suggest's im bored, its raining slighty here - you know the annnoyin rain - and i still havent done my 1 hour and 15 mins paper round

DOH:angry::becool:

think i might go and do my round at 7, then - to go for a little ride or to not go for a little ride,

maybe three miles, i am knackered btw

Annoying rain, it's the worst kind.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Hahaha, i did my paper round when it wasnt raining. And went out in the morning for my ride so i didnt get wet:biggrin:
Get a shorted paper round, ride for longer;)
Anyway, what paper are you delivering? I get a phone call if i'm not there for 16:00. Even worse on bank holidays, i get a phone call which goes consists of me saying hello whilst half asleep, with an answer of, papers are in, then the phone is put down.:becool:

OP
OP
Young Un

Young Un

ah joe its an observer newspapers one,

it gets delivered to my door and as long as its done today they dont care,

this mornin i was on a school trip to coventry catherdral, but would have muh prefered to go on a ride:evil:

Joe24

What!!!!!:becool: Thats a morning paper. I would get a phone call at 8 if i wasnt there. Its hard to get the day off, he doesnt want to understand why people want to go on holiday when they can be working for him.

OP
OP
Young Un

Young Un

round here the observer standard newspaper is a firday evening paper, papers arrive on my doorstep at around 11 in the mornin and i am meant to deliver in the evening cus my work permit says 4.30-6.30:biggrin:

Noodley

You youngsters!! When I were a lad....actually when I think back it is astounding the weight I carried on my bike! :eek::becool:

mondobongo

Über Member
I think I was well illegal being all of 11 when I got my paper round.

Noodley

I started smoking when I did my "hardest paper round(s) in the town" just to make it a bit more challenging...smoking, cycling, carrying a huge weight on one shoulder.

Abitrary

Noodley said:
I started smoking when I did my "hardest paper round(s) in the town" just to make it a bit more challenging...smoking, cycling, carrying a huge weight on one shoulder.

Scottish towns don't count, because only one person lives in them. That was the easiest paper round in the world!

Noodley

Abitrary said:
Scottish towns don't count, because only one person lives in them. That was the easiest paper round in the world!

See here laddie! I had to travel miles; I remember missing my exams 'cos I was stuck in snow - but I delivered the paper!!

That's dedication, and part of being Scottish!! You soft southerners would have sat down and cried..

Abitrary

Noodley said:
That's dedication, and part of being Scottish!! You soft southerners would have sat down and cried..

er, I was born in the North Pole? On an Oil Expedition... led by my father???

As far as I can see, all the scots do is moan about people who live above or below them.

Joe24

bonj said:
work permit? :eek: :wacko: why, you're not an illegal immigrant are you?

Bonj, times have changed from when you were a lad.
IIRC, under 16s can only carry something like 20kg, might be 15kg. Over 16's can carry 25kg, but that might be 20kg, and under 16's 15kg. Also, parents have to fill a form in, saying how many hours you work, and it cant go past a maximum number of hours. Can only do so many hours of work on a school day when there is school, so much on weekends. Should carry a tourch, whistle or other personal attach alarm, spare batteries, hi-vis vest, paper, pen and loads of other stuff. I did get given a leaflet thingy that had to be filled in. Lots of different rules with paper rounds now. There was about 2/3 things mum had to fill in, and that the paper shop had to fill in and be sent off.
Not that anyone really pays much attention to any of it, and bags are still loaded right up. I had a huge amount of weight in one bag the other day, bag was full and the papers were thick. My weekend morning round used to have loads of papers, used to be more then what the trolley could hold, and i had a bag. That wasnt long ago either. My evening round went from 19 to about 13 now, so bags are always light. Unless i have 3 rounds in:eek:
Next time i get one of these leaflet thingys, i'll scan it in. Stuff on how to cycle aswell. Might be one on the internet, not sure. I'll have a look around.

Top Bottom