I'm not , superstitious but....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sharky

Guru
Last night's 10 mile time trial would have been my 13th ride this year and it seemed like it was going to be a fast night.

But temporary road works and TL's sprung up during the day and caused the event to be cancelled.

:sad:

I always skip the 13th ride and go for the 14th ride.

OP
OP
Sharky

Sharky

Guru
There was a crash in the early stages of the TdeF this year and one rider went down and broke his collorbone. Yep he was wearing 13 on his back.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
My son got married on Friday 13th - it was the only date the venue had available at short notice. :rolleyes:

I got married on the 13th, of june.
She's still here, won't leave me.^_^

classic33

Leg End Member
They changed the car registration number system here in 2013 as they were worried nobody would buy new cars and have 13 in the registration number. :banghead:
They split it into two parts, the same as over here.

Once travelled on a coach, registration DIE 666, starting from Leeds on Friday the 13th.
A bit of rough weather on the ferry crossing meant there were fewer people travelling. We were told the sailing may be cancelled, and we'd be stuck at Holyhead.

Gwylan

Veteran
They split it into two parts, the same as over here.

Once travelled on a coach, registration DIE 666, starting from Leeds on Friday the 13th.
A bit of rough weather on the ferry crossing meant there were fewer people travelling. We were told the sailing may be cancelled, and we'd be stuck at Holyhead.

So there is something worse than dying at sea. A night in Holyhead more than a glimpse of Hades.

Gwylan

Veteran
Done it more than once, when the sailing was in the early hours.

Must say that for all I've said Holyhead is a place of great beauty when you've done a bumpy crossing from Ireland. or been hammered coming down from Scotland
Or had a rubbish captain who missed the tide for Caernarvon and decided to bang on to IoM then bailed out in favour of Holyhead.

Might be why I do cycling now.

Top Bottom