I'm considering rehoming my beloved palm trees

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
The photo below is a bit distant (taken from my living room window,on a cold sunny day last December),but as you can see i have two palm trees either side of the weeping willow in the middle. They need a new life as being confined to plant pots no matter how big,stumps their growth. I asked the bloke who does the gardening in the little park up the road if we could plant them in there. He said he'd love to,but added there isn't the room. I then asked the vicar of the church further up the road if maybe he'd like them in the church grounds. He thanked me for my offer,but like me who agreed,he said if they grow too much the roots could damage the walls of the 600 year old church.

Where can i have them planted,preferably in a place nearby where i can visit them?🤔

1616201358545.png

Attachments

• 1616201598642.png
    1616201598642.png
    319.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
Its a bit of a far cry from what i had pictured with Don Johnson driving his Ferrari Daytona (Corvette) down Ocean Drive, Miami beach to the right and palm trees swaying in the sun...

Where are you thinking of rehoming them?

Last edited:

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
He thanked me for my offer,but like me who agreed,he said if they grow too much the roots could damage the walls of the 600 year old church. Where can i have them planted,preferably in a place nearby where i can visit them?🤔

Ahh, well. Im not sure where you can just plant them willy nilly...

Do you have any local nature reserves that may allow them to be planted?

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Where are you thinking of rehoming them?
Well,as i said,i would've liked them in the little park up the road,or the church,but they are now out of the equation, as they say. I'd like seemingly desirable spots,but that wouldn't guarantee the palms wouldn't get vandalised or damaged. Maybe i could ask the housing association if i could plant them in the garden area in the photo. 🤔

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Is there a botanical garden near you? Or a southern Indian restaurant?
Er,not as i know of.🤔

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
You've got me wondering now. What's the difference between a southern Indian restaurant and a midlands or northern one?🤔
I guessed that there are more palm trees in Kerala than in the Punjab. They might fit into the décor better in a southern one.

Edit: Who knows? You might even get a free curry for being such a generous benefactor.

Last edited:
Top Bottom