I'm down to a choice between two bikes. Help me decide which one to buy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

coco69

Veteran
Cube for me all the way

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
The Cube has a better spec, the Tiagra is better than the Sora, the Wheelset is Fulcrum over the Syncros.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I like the look of Scott bikes, but the Cube is a far better colour, and it has Tiagra. So that one, assuming it's the right bike for you ;)

But i have Sora on my Old alloy Scott and Tiagra on the Ridgeback i lost when hit by boy racer the other month. The Scott's gears seem smoother and the brakes on the Ridgeback were poor.:scratch:

lee1980sim

The Scott looks better to me, not liking the red & white look of the cube although groupset is better, b&q sell paint cheaper than lbs sells a groupset so.... It's upto you

vickster

Legendary Member
But i have Sora on my Old alloy Scott and Tiagra on the Ridgeback i lost when hit by boy racer the other month. The Scott's gears seem smoother and the brakes on the Ridgeback were poor.:scratch:
Had the Tiagra gears been serviced regularly? If you want smoother, go for 105 or rival 22 on an alloy frame (or up the budget for plastic)

vickster

Legendary Member
I prefer the colour scheme on the Scott and i've had a Scott for 16/17 years and it's been faultless. Stick with the same make or try something different?:scratch:
Only you can decide. Groupsets can always be upgraded. I think there is a 105 triple option for example at under £300 for cranks and shifters

You prefer Scott, you prefer the colour scheme, you prefer Sora, ergo...

Top Bottom