I'm employed!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
very-near said:
WHat was your career before you went to Uni Arch ?

She was a trained assassin.

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
theclaud said:
Not a phrase one hears every day...

Someone said one of those unique phrases at work today, I can't remember it now, but it was definitely not a phrase that had ever been said before...

Night Train

Maker of Things
Arch said:
Oh yes, he does sound interesting. Assuming he isn't one of those people who has all that and no social skills whatsoever....:biggrin:

Indeed, we should do trains again sometime.
He seemed nice enough, I think he did mention something about not having gotten to the divorce stage that most men like that have under their belt but I didn't see any signs of a woman about the house either.

Lets do trains and tea and cake. Let me know when you fancy meeting up.:laugh:

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Headgardener said:
Well done Arch. Can't think of any Womble jokes and if your into steam engines and that sort of thing have you been to The Watercress Line at Arlsford not far from Whinchester.

My little nephew's favourite station! Apparently a couple of weeks back his Dad asked him where he wanted to go for the day and he said "Daddy, Steam trains, Alresford!" He's 2. Yes, I've been there. I'm looking forward to one day taking him to Pickering to the North York Moors Railway. And the National Railway Museum. He's obsessed with trains.

Mind you, I go visit next week, and I'm going to teach him to say 'steel' and 'aluminium' and tell the difference, and then he'll be cleverer than many people on our rounds....

NT: I'm away for the next week or so, maybe after that?

Night Train

Maker of Things
Arch said:
Mind you, I go visit next week, and I'm going to teach him to say 'steel' and 'aluminium' and tell the difference, and then he'll be cleverer than many people on our rounds....
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Arch said:
NT: I'm away for the next week or so, maybe after that?
No probs, give me a call when you are around and we'll sort something out. I'm only technically working Thursday and Friday but I tend to fill the rest of my time very effectively.:blush:

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Cheers everyone. I've certainly gone from one extreme (employed one day a week, and student) to the other - for three weeks I'll have 3 jobs on the go!

I reckon I'll be up to 18 miles a week just commuting too.;)

I'm hoping to carry on living fairly frugally, in order to save up, but it will be nice not to have to worry about every penny...

Top Bottom