I'm employed!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TVC

Nice one Arch, do you get training for this job, or are you expected to pick it up as you go along?

< takes coat from rack and sneaks out of thread >

Once I get broadband set up at home (my uni account will cease at some point soon), I'll be joining the ranks of the evening and weekend mob on here....

Tip for cheap broadband.

If you are an o2 customer you will get broadband for about £7.34 on a 12 month contract and the best thing is at the moment there are 3 months free.

If you are not an o2 customer, get a payg simcard and top up £10 every three months to be eligible for the low line rental.

Then when you sign up go through a cashback website (make sure you clear your cookies before visiting the website). Go to http://www.topcashback.co.uk/retailerdetailO2_Broadband.htm and get £50 cashback.

The cashback will track after a couple of days of you making the purchase, if it doesn't, cancel under distance selling regulations and try again. The £50 cashback should be payable through BACS after around 2-3 months.

The result then is 8mb broadband which costs about £1.30 a month.

Night Train

Maker of Things
Well done Arch. You will soon be too busy earning money to do anything else, like some of the rest of us.;)

We should look at steam engines again if you like, sometime before you are too busy.:biggrin:

I met a chap the other day that you would probably get on with. I bought an engineering lathe off him.
He had a Dutch barge in his front garden that he was renovating. It was sitting next to his machine shop shed. To the side of the barge was a semaphore signal and to the front of the barge was one of two signal boxes. There were a further three signals in the garden and another three or four sheds. One shed had a model railway layout in it at O gauge and the signals and points on it, I think, were operated from a set of real signal levers. His house and sheds seemed to be linked with railway telephones.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Night Train said:
Well done Arch. You will soon be too busy earning money to do anything else, like some of the rest of us.:laugh:

We should look at steam engines again if you like, sometime before you are too busy.:smile:

I met a chap the other day that you would probably get on with. I bought an engineering lathe off him.
He had a Dutch barge in his front garden that he was renovating. It was sitting next to his machine shop shed. To the side of the barge was a semaphore signal and to the front of the barge was one of two signal boxes. There were a further three signals in the garden and another three or four sheds. One shed had a model railway layout in it at O gauge and the signals and points on it, I think, were operated from a set of real signal levers. His house and sheds seemed to be linked with railway telephones.

Would he like to move to Worcestershire? :smile:

Keith Oates

Janner
Good news Arch, does this mean the knitting may have to take a back seat for a while!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
very-near said:
WHat was your career before you went to Uni Arch ?

I was a shop assistant. I've had a rather unconventional employment history....

Uncle Mort: An archeaological organisation based in York are merging their databases, and need someone for a few days to tidy up the data, sort out duplications and so on. Someone I know works there, and thought of me to do it, which was nice. Even nicer is that it'll help pay off the overdraft!

Keith: I knit in the evenings, so no change there. My friend with the craft stall needs more sheep and someone at my new work wants a knitted Aye Aye, so I have plenty to do...

A party? 7.30 tomorrow? (Weds?) Oh, I dunno. I'll have to go up to campus specially.... I'll see what I can do!

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Night Train said:
Well done Arch. You will soon be too busy earning money to do anything else, like some of the rest of us.:biggrin:

We should look at steam engines again if you like, sometime before you are too busy.:rofl:

Oh yes, he does sound interesting. Assuming he isn't one of those people who has all that and no social skills whatsoever....;)

Indeed, we should do trains again sometime.

Top Bottom