I'm getting an Airzound !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tynan

Veteran
none the less they're entitled to a bell, expected/wanted a bell and seemingly chose a jobsworth reaction to not getting a bell

it's the seminal sound of an approaching bike for the older generation

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Are they entitled to a bell? I don't believe so, it's not the law to have a bell on your bike.

OP
OP
buddha

buddha

Veteran
mjones said:
Racist comments are clearly inexcusable; however you might also consider how it wise it is to make piss-taking stereotypes yourself ...

Yes, you are correct. And I do apologise. Although I do think they would have been more comfortable in normal shoes or trainers and lighter jackets.

Tynan said:
you are supposed to have and use a bell on shared use paths as i recall, code of conduct on the Lea Valley routes anyway

and the racist comment sounds unlikely from what you say, quite sure you didn't mishear?

airzound on walkers minding their own business on a shared use paths is out of order

Firstly, I'm sorry to say it was definitely a racist comment. (The first I've been given in over twenty years BTW) The terms "Chink" and "Paki" were quite audible.

Okay, I should have written the OP with a huge tongue-in cheek smiley. Especially the "So, I'm getting an Airzound. That'll surprise 'em" comment. Of course I wouldn't really use an Airzound to startle a group of elderly walkers (or anybody in fact), whatever their behaviour. I wrongly made the assumption that others would read between the lines:wacko:

Anyway, after rummaging around in my drawers I've got a nice, big shiny bell ;):angry::biggrin: (que Fnarr ...)

Mr Pig

Catrike UK said:
Ramblers are deaf to all except their own prattling..

I'm sorry, but I totally agree with that. They scowl at you as if you shouldn't be there, take up the full width of the track and move the absolute minimum they have to in order to let you squeeze past them.

So using an Air Zound to startle pedestrians out of your way is OK if they are a bit old and deaf? FFS. :biggrin:

What's your problem? Did I say I used an Air Zound? I don't need any of that crap as I have a perfectly good system which can be regulated in both its tone and volume to suit the circumstances. I shout!

Never hit a pedestrian yet and I get a smile off most of them, except rumblers and idiot dog walkers obviously. And probably you if I met you.

Please note MrJones, I am not saying that 'all' dog walkers are idiots. An idiot dog walker is a human being who happens to be both a dog walker 'and' an idiot. The ones who thing 'cycle track' is an anagram for 'dog playground'. Just thought I'd mention that before you get all 'Grrrr, :biggrin: Arggg:angry::angry: you *@*#' again.

Top Bottom