I'm getting commercial for Belgium in my dreams

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by dellzeqq, 22 Aug 2012.

1. dellzeqq

dellzeqq pre-talced and mighty

seriously. Or, at least, truthfully. Banner shaped images with sponsors messages on interrupt the flow of my narrative (don't go there, Smeggers, it's a flow of ideas...). There I am, wandering along in some distorted world strewn with familiar things and then....
    belgium.png
    and I know that I am in a dream, and that somebody, somewhere is trying to sell me Belgium, or, more correctly, the idea of Belgium.

Why? I haven't been to Belgium for donkeys years and I'm not sure I'll ever go again.

The more astute of you will have spotted a commercial opportunity here. When I open up Cycle Chat I get messages from Waitrose, the RHS, Parisian hotels and Evans. Why shouldn't commercial concerns cut out the middleman, the Facebooks, the Grauniad website and Cycle Chat (sorry, Shaun) and advertise direct to sleeping customers?

Anyroadup. I wondered if anybody else has commercial breaks in their dreams. And if so, for what?

2. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

You been smoking those herbal cigs ? :tongue:

snorri likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    dellzeqq

dellzeqq pre-talced and mighty

if I had, and Belgium was the result, I'd be a little put out.

MissTillyFlop and marinyork like this.
  4. Archie_tect

Archie_tect De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold

You secretly crave a quieter life Dell, whatever it is that you are doing- stop it.

5. biggs682

biggs682 Smile a mile bike provider

went once got drunk on a small qty of little bottled beer , spent whole night in loos throwing up

6. vernon

vernon Harder than Ronnie Pickering

My dreams have not settled down since getting back from the summer tour. Hungary and Budapest are the recurring themes. I'm accustomed to dreaming in French after tours in France but the dreams return to English after a couple of days. Hungary in general and Budapest have been making their presence felt for the past twelve days with no signs of abatement. Perhaps if I write up a CGOAB jounal I can put them both to bed. (sic)

7. StuAff

StuAff Silencing his legs regularly

Used to dream of Prague....but that was down to a woman. She was a nightmare though.

8. vernon

Make that thirteen days of Hungarian/Budapest driven dreams.

I can thoroughly recommend tonight's dreams' main feature:

Once the dream projectionist has changed the reels I'll try heading off back to the land of nod. It's getting a bit disconcerting - thirteen nights' worth of Hungarian rhapsodies, that's quite a Liszt of events.

9. Mad Doug Biker

Mad Doug Biker Bikeoholics Anonymous

ARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH MY EYES!!

User14044 likes this.
  10. srw

srw It's a bit more complicated than that...

It's your subconscious telling you that sit-up-and-beg bikes, mudguards, racks and compulsory cycle paths are the way forward.

Mad Doug Biker and User13710 like this.
  11. Cheddar George

Cheddar George oober member

Your subconscious cookies are tracking your conscious thoughts to produce these adverts, you are obviously in denial about these Belgian thoughts. You have probably been hankering after hand crafted chocolates or some mayonnaise on your chips.

Mad Doug Biker likes this.
  12. Mayonnaise on Chips, now you're talking, yum.

13. Oh and Trappist beers

14. Globalti

Globalti Legendary Member

Did you go to the Gellert hotel and spa, Vern?

15. vernon

Nope went past it a couple of times on the tour bus but I did the outdoor Szechenyi Baths and Spa up by Heroes Square which was great value for money. I fell asleep in the outdoor pool whose water was thirty seven degrees and added a few darker shades to my tan.

There's always my return trip to take that one in. It did look interesting I've got the outward journey planned already it's just a matter of deciding which direction to go in once I decide to pedal out of Budapest.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice