I'm getting commercial for Belgium in my dreams

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
seriously. Or, at least, truthfully. Banner shaped images with sponsors messages on interrupt the flow of my narrative (don't go there, Smeggers, it's a flow of ideas...). There I am, wandering along in some distorted world strewn with familiar things and then....
belgium.png

and I know that I am in a dream, and that somebody, somewhere is trying to sell me Belgium, or, more correctly, the idea of Belgium.

Why? I haven't been to Belgium for donkeys years and I'm not sure I'll ever go again.

The more astute of you will have spotted a commercial opportunity here. When I open up Cycle Chat I get messages from Waitrose, the RHS, Parisian hotels and Evans. Why shouldn't commercial concerns cut out the middleman, the Facebooks, the Grauniad website and Cycle Chat (sorry, Shaun) and advertise direct to sleeping customers?

Anyroadup. I wondered if anybody else has commercial breaks in their dreams. And if so, for what?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
You been smoking those herbal cigs ? :tongue:

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
My dreams have not settled down since getting back from the summer tour. Hungary and Budapest are the recurring themes. I'm accustomed to dreaming in French after tours in France but the dreams return to English after a couple of days. Hungary in general and Budapest have been making their presence felt for the past twelve days with no signs of abatement. Perhaps if I write up a CGOAB jounal I can put them both to bed. (sic)

vernon

Make that thirteen days of Hungarian/Budapest driven dreams.

I can thoroughly recommend tonight's dreams' main feature:

Once the dream projectionist has changed the reels I'll try heading off back to the land of nod. It's getting a bit disconcerting - thirteen nights' worth of Hungarian rhapsodies, that's quite a Liszt of events.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
seriously. Or, at least, truthfully. Banner shaped images with sponsors messages on interrupt the flow of my narrative (don't go there, Smeggers, it's a flow of ideas...). There I am, wandering along in some distorted world strewn with familiar things and then....
belgium.png

ARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH MY EYES!!

Cheddar George

oober member
Your subconscious cookies are tracking your conscious thoughts to produce these adverts, you are obviously in denial about these Belgian thoughts. You have probably been hankering after hand crafted chocolates or some mayonnaise on your chips.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Make that thirteen days of Hungarian/Budapest driven dreams.
I can thoroughly recommend tonight's dreams' main feature:

Szechenyi Bath
& Spa Budapest
Once the dream projectionist has changed the reels I'll try heading off back to the land of nod. It's getting a bit disconcerting - thirteen nights' worth of Hungarian rhapsodies, that's quite a Liszt of events.

Did you go to the Gellert hotel and spa, Vern?

vernon

Did you go to the Gellert hotel and spa, Vern?

Nope went past it a couple of times on the tour bus but I did the outdoor Szechenyi Baths and Spa up by Heroes Square which was great value for money. I fell asleep in the outdoor pool whose water was thirty seven degrees and added a few darker shades to my tan.

There's always my return trip to take that one in. It did look interesting I've got the outward journey planned already it's just a matter of deciding which direction to go in once I decide to pedal out of Budapest.

Top Bottom