i'm getting...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pete

So are we. Annual show put on by the primary school opposite (we used to go along when our lad was a pupil there, but in fact you can see just as much from our house).

Bonfire night is of course a big thing down in our part of Sussex - Lewes being fairly close at hand.

domtyler

Über Member
We have the LB of Newham one on our doorstep on Wanstead Flats which is very nice, especially as our council tax goes to Waltham Forest ;). Not as good as last year but still worth seeing. Maybe they are saving up for the Olympics?

gbb

Legendary Member
:smile::biggrin: I just remembered......

Flew back into UK this time last year, arrived in the evening...i was greeted with the biggest mother of a fireworks display i ever saw....all the way from the English coast to Heathrow. Just sat there, looking out the plane window at endless bursts of fireworks....brilliant ;):tongue:

longers

Legendary Member
Sounds great gbb.

My mum and dad have a field and they used to do a big bonfire up there at this time of year. No fireworks for them as there's too many animals about for that nonsense but you could see everbody elses from Burton-In-Lonsdale way, over to Grange-Over-Sands and right down past Morecambe to Heysham and everywhere inbetween. It's a good view from up there ;).

Twas very good and very free!

gbb said:

Flew back into UK this time last year, arrived in the evening...i was greeted with the biggest mother of a fireworks display i ever saw....all the way from the English coast to Heathrow. Just sat there, looking out the plane window at endless bursts of fireworks....brilliant ;):tongue:

Reminds me of the time I flew back from Florida once (Dec 1988) and dawn was breaking out over Europe. The plane was about 40,000 feet up and the colours of the crescent above the earth's curvature were magnificent.

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
gbb said:

i wonder if they can see it from space?

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
gbb said:

Did you imagine yourself to be a fighter pilot being shot at by the enemy below, and go "nyyyyyaaaaaooooo nakka dakka dakka" as you shot back?

we had a big show near us so i tried to spot them from the front windows, no joy, tried the back windows, no joy. damn show was being held in a house right in line with our row so couldn't see nowt. was too foggy and cold to go outside and watch!

snorri

Legendary Member
Whilst seeking some information on the website of my local council I discovered the Council was organising a bonfire in a place not far away. Feeling in Meldrew mood at the time I sent an email registering my displeasure that Council funds were being expended on a bonfire held on a date of no cultral or historical significance to this region. No response of course, but responses from my Council are so rare as to be worthy of framing.;)

gbb

Legendary Member
Fnaar said:
Did you imagine yourself to be a fighter pilot being shot at by the enemy below, and go "nyyyyyaaaaaooooo nakka dakka dakka" as you shot back?

;):biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Youre such a tw@t Fnaar...i love it :smile::biggrin::biggrin:

Top Bottom