I'm giving away a £20 Wiggle voucher - Lucky-X competition!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
The use of ordinary type, bold and italics on the front page is too much - change the italics paragraph to ordinary type and only use bold twice as headings, not for the final paragraph above the coupon.

The use of CAPITAL letters in the MIDDLE of a sentence IS amateurish AND irritates the reader.

You could perhaps get away with doing it once on a page, but never is much better.

Just noticed: bin the exclamation marks, they add nothing!

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
The use of ordinary type, bold and italics on the front page is too much - change the italics paragraph to ordinary type and only use bold twice as headings, not for the final paragraph above the coupon.

The use of CAPITAL letters in the MIDDLE of a sentence IS amateurish AND irritates the reader.

You could perhaps get away with doing it once on a page, but never is much better.

Just noticed: bin the exclamation marks, they add nothing!

I was basing the text on typical squeeze page theory, but I see where you're coming from. I've made a few changes.

I once wrote an entire novel without using a single exclamation mark.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Fairly basic typesetting stuff, but it has stood the test of time because it works.

While I'm on....

The descriptions of the goods on offer suffer from capitals disease.

For example: Trek Domane Road Bike Charcoal Triple Chainset.

Only Trek Domane, as proper nouns, should be capped up, all the rest should be lower case.

Most of the other descriptions have the same problem.

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Fairly basic typesetting stuff, but it has stood the test of time because it works.

While I'm on....

The descriptions of the goods on offer suffer from capitals disease.

For example: Trek Domane Road Bike Charcoal Triple Chainset.

Only Trek Domane, as proper nouns, should be capped up, all the rest should be lower case.

Most of the other descriptions have the same problem.

Do you the Capitals in the example deals? Unfortunately they are controlled by the source companies!

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Do you the Capitals in the example deals? Unfortunately they are controlled by the source companies!

The changes you have made make the page look more professional, although as you know I would do more to eradicate exclamation marks and capped up words.

The general rule with capitals is use them as little as possible.

If you've no control over some of the text there's obviously nothing you can do.

But initial capitals for words such as Bike, Jacket, Cycle, Computer, Chain, etc is simply incorrect.

And don't get me started on restaurant menus.

Good luck with site, it's certainly an interesting business idea.

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Just in case anyone would like a update...

Lucky-x now has nearly two hundred subscribers, and I've paid a designer to create a PROPER logo. The brief I gave to my Italian / American vintage bike obsessed designer was to create a logo that looks like it came off an ancient Italian road bike, and oh boy he nailed it!

Top Bottom