I'm going to interview an 'adventure cyclist', what would you like me to ask him?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Buy my book and save yourself the time and trouble.:bicycle:
I was put off by the review claiming spelling errors ;)

G3CWI

Veteran
I find every trip an adventure - like Friday - when a motorist nearly killed me with his car, then tried to kill me with his car, then threaten to kill me with his bare hands.

Happy days.

Me too, I like to make every ride an adventure. In fact so much so that my wife and daughter have forbidden me ever to do a ride like I did on Sunday, again. I didn't get more than 15 miles from home but it was jam packed with incidents, including a fall down a cliff. Getting back to the OP, maybe ask him to explain why a bike might be a good vehicle for an adventure?

After reading his blog, I'd ask him if he thinks he has what it takes mentally to do long arduous unsupported journeys. A TCR or an Indian Pacific or a round the world. He's fast but is he tenacious. I'd also ask him about planning, going to Alpe d'huez in Novemeber doesn't strike me as good planning. I'd ask him about pacing too. Blowing like a dervish through the day and then collapsing all night in a hostel is not even as challenging as a long audax event, has he even heard of Audax, LEL or PBP. I'd also ask him who his inspiration is and I'd like to see who he names as it would give a clue to his motivations.

I wish him well and would like to see him 'live his dream' but it seems he still has a lot to learn about cycling challenges

I forgot to ask you about that on the recent Settle ride! I was going to ask if you minded telling me how many copies have been sold ... (If you DO mind, forget that I mentioned it! :laugh:)
I would guess I will have sold or had read around 65 copies in the 2 years it as been published so not a best seller! East riding rgt benefitted from a cheque for iirc £85 last November which represented my total earnings to then rounded up, so it wil have kennelled a hound for a couple of weeks.:blush:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I would guess I will have sold or had read around 65 copies in the 2 years it as been published so not a best seller! East riding rgt benefitted from a cheque for iirc £85 last November which represented my total earnings to then rounded up, so it wil have kennelled a hound for a couple of weeks.:blush:
Oh well, at least you are doing something to help!

Go on you lot out there - help mistreated Greyhounds - buy a copy of THE BOOK! :okay:

so it wil have kennelled a hound for a couple of weeks.:blush:

Thanks for that alternative economic measure. I grew up wit the idea that the inflation/time independent standard was the price of a mars bar. Maybe that's been left in the dust since Aldi came up with something that seems just as tasty/health damaging for a fraction of the price.

Top Bottom