I'm here!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SamNichols

Well people, it is official, I now live in Manchester. My first impression is that: 1) It's really hard to make friends when you're a postgrad with only 4 people on your course, and 2) It's really cold up here.

domtyler

Über Member
Join a cycling club and you will solve both those problems in one go.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Hang out with second years, they will have sorted themselves out into couples and singles who have no interest in their fellow student singletons, can't go for the freshers, and will be interested in the 'older' students and the joys of their worldliness and vast kmowledge, diligence, and ability to pay for drinks (perhaps)

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
aye aye! where in the best town in the world are you?

cyclebum

Welcome up north, just remember to practise shortening your 'a's, always a big give away for a southerner.(eg you take a bath up here not a baath!!) Perhaps you should have gone further west, scousers are much more friendly and have a better football team;);)

OP
OP
SamNichols

SamNichols

dan_bo said:
aye aye! where in the best town in the world are you?

I'm in Victoria Park - nestled just between rusholme and longsight.
It was flipping freezing this morning, it's disconcerting to already have to get my coat out.
I am going to the first meeting of the grad association on thursday, for free food and perhaps to meet some nice people. And I joined the Uni cycling club today, am going training with them on Sunday, I think, or next Wednesday.
All in all, I am settling in, but its not excellent as yet.

Top Bottom