I'm impressed !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Whilst sitting in the pub yesterday, discussing the upcoming cycling trip in Asia, I decided that I needed to make a tyre change. The ones I currently have on are causing me and Mr Hop some concerns which would cause problems in the middle of nowhere, so I decided new tyres are required.

I ordered them at 3.45pm from Tweeks Cycles in Wrexham (online).

They have just been delivered :eek:

Now that is seriously impressive :thumbsup:

Octet

Veteran
I ordered something from Amazon by Royal Mail First Class delivery four days ago.... it still hasn't arrived :sad:

mark st1

Plastic Manc
Ordered a baby walker for the granddaughter for Christmas opened it on the big day and it was broken. Ordered a replacement on Friday it arrived yesterday. Happy Days

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
we ordered a coffee grinder from Debenhams last Thursday, it was UK warehouse dispatched same day, it still hasn't arrived in-store for collection. Posted to show the contrast between a (I assume) local small concern and a big brute of an organisation. Good on Tweeks.

booze and cake

probably out cycling
I ordered breakfast in bed sometime back in 2011 but I'm still waiting, either nobody heard or nobody cared. The wait is killing me and I really need the toilet now.

That is good service, I always have a similarly swift response when ordering from Merlin, the cycle store, not the wizard. Although in reflection I should have asked Merlin for breakfast in bed, that sounds like a trick kept up the baggy sleeve of a wizard, but to be honest I'd settle for the bike shop doing it. Next day delivery on breakfast may not sound that appealing but is still an improvement on the culinary void currently before me :hungry:

Brandane

Legendary Member
Things have certainly improved from the pre-internet shopping days, when anything bought through mail order had a footnote saying "allow 28 days for delivery". I don't remember ever buying anything by mail order then, so not sure if it did actually take that long.
Chain Reaction never cease to amaze me with their quick deliveries. As an added bonus with it being Royal Mail they use for delivery, if I am not at home when they deliver, it only involves a 5 minute walk to the sorting office. ALL those other parcel delivery companies involve a half day trek by car to their depots (or wait in all day on a pre-arranged date, just so that they can fail again to deliver, due to circumstances outwith their control).

I reserved a Garmin at Hellfrauds the other day, (stock checker said in stock). Got an email confirmation saying ready to collect in 24 hours.

Rang the store before setting off, (call me Mr Cautious), only to be told sorry we don't have any in, but we can order one for you :cursing:

Sourced 3 from another store that same day. Tried to reply to their confirmation email telling them to cancel the reservation but it's bounced back as undeliverable so feck 'em!

Andrew_P

In between here and there
I ordered something from Amazon by Royal Mail First Class delivery four days ago.... it still hasn't arrived :sad:
The trick with Amazon is to make sure it is either sold by, or fulfilled by Amazon. I find other than those two delivery is hit and miss with marketplace sellers, and not always clear where the seller is located, until you get the "Dispatched by China Mail" email

berty bassett

Legendary Member
The trick with Amazon is to make sure it is either sold by, or fulfilled by Amazon. I find other than those two delivery is hit and miss with marketplace sellers, and not always clear where the seller is located, until you get the "Dispatched by China Mail" email
wish i knew that before i ordered some piston rings - ordered before christmas and i have been watching the posty ignore my address so went to check delivery date - 4th feb estimate :sad:

Octet

Veteran

It was, both dispatched by and sold by Amazon.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
I reserved a Garmin at Hellfrauds the other day, (stock checker said in stock). Got an email confirmation saying ready to collect in 24 hours.

Rang the store before setting off, (call me Mr Cautious), only to be told sorry we don't have any in, but we can order one for you :cursing:

Sourced 3 from another store that same day. Tried to reply to their confirmation email telling them to cancel the reservation but it's bounced back as undeliverable so feck 'em!
This mob are guilty as s*** for doing this...., daughter had a related incident with Currys lately as well.

Top Bottom