I'm in love with my meat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stan

Picked up my order at the village butchers, sirloin steak, a couple of lamb chops and some lambs liver. The latter to be cooked slowly in an onion gravy and served with mash and garden peas.;)

Lucky for me the prospective Mrs Stan is a vegi!

Anyone know a good gravy recipe. Mine's always a bit hit and miss, normally fair to good without being droolingly good.

OP
OP
Chuffy

Chuffy

Veteran
Crackle said:
Anyone know a good gravy recipe. Mine's always a bit hit and miss, normally fair to good without being droolingly good.
Juice from the roast (all of it). Made in the roast pan. Cooking water from the veg, Bisto (mixed with water), dash of wine. Bring to boil.

Best gravy in the world. :biggrin:

Calum

trustysteed said:
but you could eat the invisible man and that would scupper your vegan status.

Very good!

I'm not really a vegan, that was a quote from the Simpsons.

Being a student, I haven't had a home-cooked sunday roast for a while. I think roast chicken with sage and onion stuffing will be the request when I go home. Then maybe a nice beef stew, as mentioned above. I miss Mum's cooking!:biggrin:

OP
OP
Chuffy

Chuffy

Veteran
Calum said:
Very good!

I'm not really a vegan, that was a quote from the Simpsons.

Being a student, I haven't had a home-cooked sunday roast for a while. I think roast chicken with sage and onion stuffing will be the request when I go home. Then maybe a nice beef stew, as mentioned above. I miss Mum's cooking!;)
Then learn to cook, you widdly little sniffer!
Chicks dig a good cook...;)

Top Bottom