I'm looking for a big mouse.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
They have some big ones over in that there Canadia
1608426097722.jpeg

OP
OP
slowmotion

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
They have some big ones over in that there Canadia
View attachment 564146
I've heard from Canadian friends that they have a really mean streak, despite their faintly comical look.

vickster

Legendary Member
Well, Jeff Bezos delivered a Logitech M190 this afternoon. It's a vast improvement on the M185. My fingertips rest naturally on the left and right click buttons. I thoroughly recommend it to people with non-Trump hands. £13 well spent and a vast improvement over the smaller M185.
Good job, back up to over £19

I use Logitech M171s for everything. One for the desktop, another in the laptop backpack.
But fir sheer size, I still have an old Microsoft wireless mouse. Huge, takes 2 AAs, so heavy, and needs its equally large receiver nearby. Good mouse, though!
Edit: also keep an equally large Microsoft wired mouse as ultimate back up.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
You've got me thinking about the size of my mouse now! :whistle:

It doesn't sit properly in the palm of my hand - I have to hold it further away between my thumb and little finger. That makes the forwards and backwards buttons redundant because I have to reposition my hand to use them, in which case I might as well use the right button menu and click that instead.

I'm not buying a new mouse while this one is working reliably though.

OP
OP
slowmotion

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
You've got me thinking about the size of my mouse now! :whistle:

It doesn't sit properly in the palm of my hand - I have to hold it further away between my thumb and little finger. That makes the forwards and backwards buttons redundant because I have to reposition my hand to use them, in which case I might as well use the right button menu and click that instead.

I'm not buying a new mouse while this one is working reliably though.
I'm sorry to say that I've bought five this year! The first Logitech M100 was destroyed then I cut the cable while trying to get it out of the daft plastic blister packaging. The second was destroyed when I stuck a hot soldering iron through the cord. I've still got the third M100. The first cordless one, an M185 felt too small. I'm dead chuffed with the fifth one, my new M190. With a bit of luck, my mouse disasters are now finished.

ColinJ

The second was destroyed when I stuck a hot soldering iron through the cord.
Oh dear... :laugh:

Mind you, I'm a fine one to laugh - as an electronic engineering student I was working on one of my projects and absent-mindedly picked a hot soldering iron up by the business end... I melted ruts into the ends of my RH index finger and thumb before I dropped it! :eek:

OP
OP
slowmotion

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Oh dear... :laugh:

Mind you, I'm a fine one to laugh - as an electronic engineering student I was working on one of my projects and absent-mindedly picked a hot soldering iron up by the business end... I melted ruts into the ends of my RH index finger and thumb before I dropped it! :eek:
I think most people who use them eventually end up with a few battle scars. It's the pork crackling smell that I find slightly alarming. ^_^

ColinJ

Ha - my mouse has finally started playing up!

It doesn't make any difference unplugging the dongle and reinserting it so I think the problem is with the mouse itself. I am wondering whether it actually gobbles batteries when working. I just checked and they do seem to have lost a lot of charge already... :whistle:

It could be that the NiMH cells are getting old and don't hold their charge as well as they used to. It would a bit of a pain having to swap batteries every couple of days but if I could get a week from a charge then that would be acceptable.

I'll take note of how long they last this time after recharging is complete...

Early charging progress suggests that one of the batteries is on the way out. One is back up to 90% already whereas the other has taken ages to get to 30%. They had both been charged at the same time before and have the same nominal capacity.

Top Bottom