I'm loving it !

Mad Doug Biker

Bikeoholics Anonymous
Location
Craggy Island
So glad I hardly ever use them unless I am drunk and very, VERY desperate!


....I'll have to remember that, thanks! :ohmy:
 

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Location
Meanwood, Leeds
Occasionally I get an urge to purchase one and the other week I called in on one on the way home. They had a special promotion serving up different types of burgers other than their core range. i purchased one and found it to be very palatable and the sugar rush from their fizzy Fanta was great.

Next fix probably November.
 

Shaun

Founder
Moderator
You need to organise a ride with 50 or so of you - turn up at their busiest time of day - then all head down the drive-thru and one-by-one pull up to the window and try to order.

When they turn you away, just circle round and join the back of the queue, and see how long it takes them to realise what's going on ... B)
 

PBancroft

Senior Member
Location
Winchester
You're not alone.

As a cyclist you might be tempted to eat whilst riding, which would be dangerous obviously.

Drivers don't suffer the same temptation, and there is no danger of them failing to pay attention to the road whilst rooting around in the bag for the special sauce. B)
 
OP
Number14

Number14

Veteran
Location
Fareham
Kaipaith said:
You're not alone.

As a cyclist you might be tempted to eat whilst riding, which would be dangerous obviously.

Drivers don't suffer the same temptation, and there is no danger of them failing to pay attention to the road whilst rooting around in the bag for the special sauce. B)
From your link :
McDonald's drive-thru facilities are primarily designed to serve four-wheeled road vehicles. This is for health and safety reasons, as motorcyclists may be tempted to enjoy their McDonald’s food or drink whilst riding, which is not only potentially hazardous for the motorcyclist but also a danger to other vehicles on the road. In order to prevent this danger, McDonald's staff are forbidden to serve motorcyclists. However, the company understands the confusion this may have caused and would like to apologise for this misunderstanding. (Dec 08)

Primarily designed implies that there may be a secondary design purpose - everyone else

enjoy whilst riding - I'd like to see that. Never seen anyone holding a burger, a cup of coke and a packet of chips while holding onto the handlebars and, anyway, how would you get the food inot your mouth with a full-face helmet on?
 

PBancroft

Senior Member
Location
Winchester
Number14 said:
Primarily designed implies that there may be a secondary design purpose - everyone else

enjoy whilst riding - I'd like to see that. Never seen anyone holding a burger, a cup of coke and a packet of chips while holding onto the handlebars and, anyway, how would you get the food inot your mouth with a full-face helmet on?
I know, its absolutely bonkers. It's as if somebody made a crap decision, but now that its corporate policy they're making excuses to try to back it up.

But it can't be that, can it? Surely not...
 

wafflycat

New Member
Admin said:
You need to organise a ride with 50 or so of you - turn up at their busiest time of day - then all head down the drive-thru and one-by-one pull up to the window and try to order.

When they turn you away, just circle round and join the back of the queue, and see how long it takes them to realise what's going on ... :tongue:

Most excellent idea.
 
Top Bottom