1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm nervous now...

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by BentMikey, 8 Oct 2007.

1. BentMikey

BentMikey Rider of Seolferwulf

That's because on Thursday last week I attended the inaugural Bromley Cyclists LCC group and agreed to get involved. That meant that on Friday I signed up for a cycling instructor accreditation course in November. Eeeeek!!!! Lots of studying between now and then.

2. Jacomus-rides-Gen

Jacomus-rides-Gen New Member

Phew! I thought this was going to be a thread about you having a nasty incident and getting The Fear! Thats a relief!

You know you will love the course, right up your street.

Have fun with it and keep us updated!

3. magnatom

magnatom Guest

Great news. Soon you will actually know what your talking about......:biggrin::biggrin:

4. GrahamG

GrahamG Über Member

Makes sense to me - you obviously have the most important skills (in terms of imparting your knowledge and people skills) as part of your job! Couldn't think of a better candidate to be honest.

5. BentMikey

Cheers guys, yes, I'm pretty excited about it too of course.

Magnatom, more like know a tiny little bit to a minimum standard, LOL!

6. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

So, you're going to learn how to cycle, in order that you can teach other people how to cycle. Sounds great...

7. magnatom

magnatom Guest

That's right. Unless we all learn from your videos first of course....:biggrin:

8. BentMikey

If it's anything like my skate instructor qualification courses, then I'm sure my cycling will improve at least as much as my skating did.

9. Thank god for that.:biggrin:

10. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

When I've taken enough videos I'll take the best bits from each and compile them into an instructional feature, 'the bonj guide to cycling' :biggrin:

11. summerdays

summerdays Cycling in the sun Staff Member

On Wednesday.... I have my assessment for whether I pass my cycle instuctors course ... !!! :biggrin: Desparately re-reading all the material from the course.

12. Maz

Maz Guru

BentMikey already knows how to cycle...he's just nervous about taking the stabilisers off, that's all.
    Hey, c'mon we've all been there...!

13. Arch

Arch Married to Night Train

Available from all good joke shops...:biggrin:

14. gambatte

gambatte Middle of the pack...

Does this mean you'd have to recommend hi-viz etc?

15. Oh for christ sake don't start him off!:biggrin: