I'm new and come from oxfordshire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi at last got the money together to buy a trek I have always wanted. I'm 23 and for last 7 years iv owned a trek mountain bike but always wanted a new looking road bike, so found an ok one on ebay and have spent alittle money getting it looking new again. Now its up and running I can't wait to get out there and do some bike rides like charity events etc. So hope there some places not to far from me to come down meet some of you people in person but I do need to get alittle fitter first as the 10mile bike ride did yesterday almost killed me lol

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
:welcome: to CChat!

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Abingdon only 20min bike ride to oxford :smile:
And thanks to everyone else for the welcome
Hi Trek Racer, Welcome!
I'm also based in Abingdon as it happens and a regular roadie (thoufgh no racing snake).

You might be interested in Abingdon Freewheeling, meet Thurs evening for a 1830 depart from the Market square, shortest gentlest ride is about 15 miles with 2 faster/further groups. All end-up in the KH&B pub for free chip butties.
All social rather than sporting. Come along!
http://groupspaces.com/AbingdonFreewheeling/

The fb page contains all the up to the minute stuff and general banter. There's MTB on Tues eves too and Sunday runs. People just hook-up and start their own rides, it's very democratic.
I might not be there this Thurs, but somebody will sort you out.
Cheers
FF.

OP
OP
trek racer merv

trek racer merv

Hi Trek Racer, Welcome!
I'm also based in Abingdon as it happens and a regular roadie (thoufgh no racing snake).

You might be interested in Abingdon Freewheeling, meet Thurs evening for a 1830 depart from the Market square, shortest gentlest ride is about 15 miles with 2 faster/further groups. All end-up in the KH&B pub for free chip butties.
All social rather than sporting. Come along!
http://groupspaces.com/AbingdonFreewheeling/

The fb page contains all the up to the minute stuff and general banter. There's MTB on Tues eves too and Sunday runs. People just hook-up and start their own rides, it's very democratic.
I might not be there this Thurs, but somebody will sort you out.
Cheers
FF.
Nice to see someone on here very close to me, this sounds brilliant just what I was looking for sadly working late this thursday but the following thursday sounds good so hope to see you soon cheers merv

Top Bottom