I'm no fan...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Abitrary

Kirstie said:
hm I'm with the conspiracy theorists but whatever Al-Fayed's allegations none of this will be possible to prove - ultimately it's just a performance to feed the tabloids. Still, it gives him the opportunity to call Camilla PB a 'crocodile' and Prince Philip 'Frankkenstein' so I'm all for it. ;)

If it draws into question the legitamacy of the monarchy, then I'm all for it, and therefore potentially the most vital and newsworthy issue in years.

The tabloids are the ones that *make* people vote.

yenrod

In some ways I totally agree woth M.A.F.

There are things that go on in this society that the gen. pop. will never get to know about.

But, at the same time, its 50% state murder / 50% out & out pure accident...who, knows ;)

What I do like thouhg, is the way hes had such an open 'go' at the establishment - you've got to give it to him for doing just that alone, never mind what the subject is at hand

Abitrary

I hope it brings down the monarchy and have something sensible like The Transformers instated instead.

Up the Arsenal

Keith Oates

Janner
Although I agree that the loss of a son must be very upsetting, in fact devastating, Al Fayed has been a pain in the neck long before that happened. I for one would not support any of his ventures by shopping at Harrods etc!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Abitrary

I'd love to produce 'Al Fayed - the movie'.

A huge paying british tax payer who's done more for this country than any of the shitting royals.

It could be a computer game as well. He'd tear round buckingham palace with a chainsaw tearing off royal heads, and all his kids would be outside in the yard waiting to perform their first sexual act.

self-gratifying over the heads of sawed off royal people.

After they'd fiddled over them, they'd play marbles with them.

Bigtallfatbloke

I am no Royalist...in fact I'd vote for Cromwell if he was still around. Fayed will lose this case, he never stood a chance. The English establishment have closed ranks and will do all they can to discredit him. My belief is that ther eis rarely smoke without fire and I keep asking myself what Al Fayed has to gain by pursuing this? Just because something cannot be proved does not mean it did not happen. Our legal system is weighted heavily in favor of the defendant (necessarily so one might argue), but it does allow guilty parties to hide behind the phrase 'there is no evidence of' far to easily.
For my money I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if he is right, but in this country the establishment is above the law.

Abitrary

You know what BTFB... I was mucking around about about the revolutionary stuff, but thinking about the establishtmen being outside the law is so true.

I've read stuff like Peter Wright - Spy Catcher. The one that maggie thatcher tried to ban, and after that, nothing surprises me. Try it yourself... it's an eye opener.

If the queen wanted to pull the trigger on diana, it would be a done deal... in a second. And the most important thing is that the CIA wouldn't care

The man's clearly a complete fruit loop. I agree with ...
Fab Foodie said:
His son lived fast and loose and let a drunk-driver take him home, in their excitement they forgot to put on safety belts...a road accident ensued, they died. shoot happens like that regularly...look in any local rag.
Conspiricy theory my arse...bloody waste of taxpayers money.

Abitrary

Dave5N said:
The thing with powerful people, is that there is rarely a conspiracy. They don't need it.

c'mon. If you had *worked* for your money, like al fayed has, I'd have a go at the monarchy.

I'd have a go at the monarchy anyway

Pete

I've no time for monarchies, or indeed The Monarchy in particular ... but I think they will ride out the storm, whatever. If Monarchy could survive Henry VIII, it can survive this...

But that's not what we all expect. Fayed will lose out, spectacularly. The best way he can avoid a lengthy jail sentence for perjury, when it comes to the crunch, is to get himself sectioned .... don't know why I said that, not as if I have much sympathy for the bloke...

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
I think there are a number of losses motivating Al Fayed. Firstly, if I remember aright, he lost his bid to become a British citizen and this seriously irked him. He was probably turned down because he is generally held to be a very dodgy bloke and is probably annoyed because there is something he couldn't buy or bribe his way into. This probably explains his anti-establishment stance.

Secondly he's lost his son and he's probably channelling the tremendous grief he feels at that into his anti-establishment crusade.

Thirdly he may well have lost his marbles.

Finally he has long since lost any semblance of dignity.

Tim Bennet.

Entirely Average Member
Whilst grief may distort reality, it doesn't account for Al Fayed's behaviour. Even the most ardent hard core conspiracy theorist sitting dribbling in the sun lounge of their sheltered housing must be thinking 'what a cock!'

How anyone can believe that there will any fall out from this apart from him losing his last shreds of credibility, is beyond me. The thought that there has been a conspiracy involving dozens of people in two countries is laughable.

It's all very sad on so many levels, but saddest of all, because this inquiry will not bring us any closer to the end of this nauseating carry-on.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Seems like every time I hear about it, he's included a new set of people in the conspiracy, and on that ground alone, I'd mark him down as a bit nuts. Griefstricken no doubt, and possibly suppressing guilt at the thought that it was his employee who was driving the car...

As a scientist, I tend to apply Occams razor (the simplest solution is generally the correct one) - car crash caused by fast drunk driving or conspiracy to kill engineered by Royal Family, MIwhatever, the CIA and all that? Simple car crash wins out for me.

Anyway, if it had been a conspiracy engineered by the Royal Family, it would have been so watertight, he'd have no chance of finding the slightest thing to invent.

Top Bottom