1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm not recommending it mind, but...

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Dave5N, 4 Jan 2008.

1. Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

... Bike Squad, BBC 2 in five minutes. From the Guy behind D the D D.

Looks promising!

2. Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

Whoops :smile:

ITV six minutes ago.

3. John the Monkey

John the Monkey Frivolous Cyclist

I've seen the adverts, it looked like one of those "riding a bike is eccentric and funny" programmes to me - will try and catch it at some point though.

(Apropos of nothing at all, I did like the bit of Hot Fuzz where the Simon Pegg character's bio mentions "advanced cycling")

4. Oh dear - I have struggled with the humour. (Been spoilt by CC obviously :smile:)

5. Crackle

Crackle Pah Staff Member

Damn! I don't have a 13 year old :smile:

6. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

Remember that game of consequences, when you wrote the line of a story, folded the page over and passed it on? So that it didn't flow and made no sense?

that's Bike Squad, that was.

7. Pete

Pete Guest

I watched for about half an hour. Then I remembered something. Every television has an OFF switch. :smile:

8. simonali

simonali Über Member

I spent 20 minutes or so ignoring the storyline and trying to read the make of the bikes on the downtube before giving up altogether. I did spot Specialized on a chainstay though.

9. Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

Snobs! :ohmy:

10. Abitrary

Abitrary New Member

I watched it, for a bit, just to see if they used Smith and Wesson bikes.

They did use them, I then realised I was watching ITV, jonathan ross wasn't on BBC1, then panicked and ended up watching quiz call for a bit of whorey succour

11. trio25

trio25 Über Member

I've recorded it as I was out last night, not sure from the comments it'll be worth the effort.

12. Lord of the Teapot

Lord of the Teapot New Member

I have also recorded this program. Have I wasted 230v?

13. Joe24

Joe24 More serious cyclist than Bonj

I was watching BBC2 at the start, didnt see your post saying it was on ITV1. Thought it was strange there was some guy learning martial arts, it bored me so i went up a channel and did find Bike Squad. It wasnt bad, i watched most of it. Some bits in there were good, some were bad. Wouldnt watch it again, but it killed some time.

14. Lord of the Teapot

Lord of the Teapot New Member

* Waves to Joe in Nottingham (I'm in Leicester) *

thhi.gif

15. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

Light entertainment - that's it - I enjoyed it.