1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm off on a mini tour.

Discussion in 'Touring and Adventure Cycling' started by Maggot, 26 Aug 2007.

1. Maggot

Maggot Star of BBC 5Lives Ballot Box Brigade

On tuesday I am off on a mini Somerset tour! I am quite excited because it is going to be me, Mini Male Maggot (7) on his Decathlon and Mini Female Maggot (5) on the trailer-bike. I have managed to squeeze 3 sleeping bags a 2 man tent and stove etc on board and the kids are dead excited:biggrin:

We sat and planned the route today, about 20 miles day one, stopping at a campsite just up the road, indoor pool and bar, Mrs Maggot is going to bring us spag bol in the evening:tongue: Then 15 or so on the second day. We planned the route not with Memory Map but by garden centres with cafes!!!!;)

The kids wonder if completion of this tour qualifies them for membership of the CTC:biggrin:

2. Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

Sounds like a good family outing; something the kids will long treasure!
    Have a great time - hope the weather's good!
    My brother lives near Oxford and whenever I visit him I insist that we have a trip or three to the garden centres! ;)

3. longers

longers Veteran

Sounds great Maggot, a good trip for you and the kids. I hope the weather is perfect.

4. Shaun

Shaun Founder Staff Member

Just shows too that you don't need to spend a wad (Disneyland, etc.) to entertain the little 'uns!

Hope you have a great time ;)

5. HJ

HJ Cycling in Scotland

That is a great way to get them started...

6. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

Great idea Maggot, I'm sure you'll enjoy it as much as the kids. Any spag bol left over you can send out here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. got-to-get-fit

got-to-get-fit New Member

That sounds just about perfect

8. Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke New Member

most excellent!! I hope you all have a great time.;)