I'm on my own

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
...for the first time in sixteen years. Her Nibs is off to New York for a week, which she's done many a time before, but, hitherto, The Kid has been here when she's gone. This time the little'un is in Dublin.

So............brown ale in the fridge and Scalextric in the dining room? Take the Brommie apart for a deep clean in the kitchen? Late night alleycat racing on the Embankment? Suggestions please........

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Spend the week in just your underpants.

Spend the week in just your underpants.

And I'm sure Vernon meant that you're allowed to change them when required, although I stand to be corrected.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Well I guess a bloke might suggest otherwise, but I know what I miss most in my household: Peace and quiet!
I was thinking that too. I don't think I could cope with so little time to myself, but I am at the other extreme. Before I got ill, I would sometimes go a week or more at a time without seeing anybody that I knew or speaking to anybody apart from shop workers.

My suggestion is a period of quiet contemplation. You clearly spend a lot of time talking to people and doing things, so why not take this rare opportunity to say nothing and do nothing! Ignore the phone(s), turn off the radio and tv and just ... relax. :thumbsup:

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
How about undertaking a week of intense tuition/practice at something her Nibs and the Kid have no idea about. Then on their return spring a little surprise?

Learn to speak a little Italian or Chinese, then go out for a meal and do all the talking....

Pick up a musical instrument you've never touched, then once the week is up go busking...

Loads of possibilities.

Top Bottom