I'm outta here.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
vernon

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Placinta...

Making a note...

I'm taking my Camelback Mule and will fill it with three litres of absinthe to supplement the water bottles on the bike. Rest assured pies will be sampled if I come across them. I wasn't impressed with what the French were offering 'en croute' so I have low expectations of what I'll find. I hope to be pleasantly surprised.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Be sure in Budapest to explore the amazing market hall at the other end of the bridge by the Gelert hotel. Not sure if they sell pies but the produce is spectacular and on the first floor balcony you can get sloshed on grape skin wine for a few pennies. Also be sure to try the Gelert baths, behind the hotel - stunning baroque architecture..

OP
OP
vernon

vernon

Be sure in Budapest to explore the amazing market hall at the other end of the bridge by the Gelert hotel. Not sure if they sell pies but the produce is spectacular and on the first floor balcony you can get sloshed on grape skin wine for a few pennies. Also be sure to try the Gelert baths, behind the hotel - stunning baroque architecture..

I know it well. I used the eateries on the balcony for breakfast and the occasional lunch on my last stay. Stuffed vine leaves, sausage and oodles of peppers plus a beer for two or three quid. :thumbsup:

:mrpig::mrpig::mrpig:

The Gelert baths will keep until I get back from Romania.

OP
OP
vernon

vernon

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
I thought vampires were the real threat?

Have a great ride, @vernon . We expect lots of photos when you return, of course :thumbsup:.
Actually, I was talking about Transylvania in particular, but thought it would attract too many jokes! Talk of packs of starving dogs is the one consistent thing I have heard from a number of visitors there over the years.

surfdude

Veteran
good luck mate . sounds like you will be having a great time . Pie is placinta in Romanian is not correct . it is cickmeupdabutt :rofl: . that will get you the best pies

OP
OP
vernon

vernon

20140720_115700.jpg

Twenty minutes before leaving for the airport.

Top Bottom