I'm riding through Cairo tomorrow!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sgtjiggy

I'm so stoked! I will be pedaling through Cairo tomorrow. I hope its not terribly hot. Will give an update tomorrow during my trek!

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Looking forward to that report. Are you touring or are you trying to popularize extreme commuting?

OP
OP
sgtjiggy

sgtjiggy

Nice call 4F, but about 600 miles to the west. Cairo, Nebraska. Small town with a population of about 790. Took 3 minutes to ride through.

44bde025-0e5a-098c.jpg

Funny thing, around here they pronounce it "care-oh". Odd because the streets are named after Egyptian things and places, Mecca, Nubia, Alexandria etc.

The ride was nice 49 degrees, light fog and no wind at all.

Sent from iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Ah, I thought you meant the Cairo in Egypt: was looking forward to the report, I've been there - not on the bike.

OP
OP
sgtjiggy

sgtjiggy

Ah, I thought you meant the Cairo in Egypt: was looking forward to the report, I've been there - not on the bike.

I was just fooling around Pat, mislead you on purpose just to get a laugh. If Egypt and the middle east weren't in such turmoil I'd love to visit. I spent three years in West Germany (was there when the wall came down) and loved it. I travelled all over europe and really miss it. I want to travel to the Isle of Man some day and watch the tt as I am an avid motorcyclist as well. Well, I've carried on long enough. When I ride through another worldly named town in Nebraska I'll be sure to let everyone know! LOL!

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

Globalti

Legendary Member
I went to Cairo (Egypt) once for 36 hours and hated it; it was a filthy noisy place full of traffic. Even Damascus was better.

Top Bottom