I'm scared. They're after me......but who exactly are they?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Ive had my own number call me on the home phone...virgin said its clever tec on the nusiance callers end..
im not buying owt off me i can tell ya..

Sara_H

Guru
I picked up a ringing phone at work yesterday. It went dead immediately but the answering machine kicked in and gave me the callers number....

Should I pack my carrier bag with some clean underwear and expect alien abduction in the next couple of days?
Have I been very bad and should I expect a battering ram through the front door manned by some armed response unit?
I'm quaking. Please help.
Don't bother with the clean underwear.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Ive had my own number call me on the home phone...virgin said its clever tec on the nusiance callers end..
im not buying owt off me i can tell ya..

It's easy enough for the PBX at the callers end to be set up to send any number they like. If they automate their calls they can just feed your number in.

surfdude

Veteran
Don't bother with the clean underwear we never clean the probes between different abductees . don't worry you not due for a pick up until next month when we get the new super wide deluxe probes .sorry to say we have run out of lube to .
oh i can not tell you who we are only that we are watching you , very very closely .
have a nice day .

Davidc

Guru
I'm sure that was the old KGB number, probably rellocated now to the NSA or GCHQ though ...

The scammers and con artists have started to put bogus (or the called) numbers on to get round people like me who set their phones up to ignore calls without caller identification.

I've had to put my own number on the reject list on my mobile phone to stop some of them. My real phone has an answering machine on it which gets rid of most and lets me ignore the rest of 'em.

There are some activities for which I'd approve of reintroducing the pillory ...

classic33

Leg End Member
I'm sure that was the old KGB number, probably rellocated now to the NSA or GCHQ though ...

The scammers and con artists have started to put bogus (or the called) numbers on to get round people like me who set their phones up to ignore calls without caller identification.

I've had to put my own number on the reject list on my mobile phone to stop some of them. My real phone has an answering machine on it which gets rid of most and lets me ignore the rest of 'em.

There are some activities for which I'd approve of reintroducing the pillory ...
Pillory is still legal in this country. The stocks are illegal though.

I've had calls from my own number as well. EE maintain it can't happen though.

Davidc

Guru
I haven't asked Virgin, but they use EE network and it does cos I've seen it wiv me own eyes.

48 hours in the pillory then for all scammers and con artists, online, phone, in person or anything else.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
I picked up a ringing phone at work yesterday. It went dead immediately but the answering machine kicked in and gave me the callers number....

Should I pack my carrier bag with some clean underwear and expect alien abduction in the next couple of days?
Have I been very bad and should I expect a battering ram through the front door manned by some armed response unit?
I'm quaking. Please help.

Are you a Person of Interest?

GV

Top Bottom