im selling one of my bikes..any tips?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bladesman73

Über Member
hi all

decided to sell my road bike so I can get a new one. Should I use ebay, or are there better alternatives? Not sold a bike before so any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
hi all

decided to sell my road bike so I can get a new one. Should I use ebay, or are there better alternatives? Not sold a bike before so any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks
Best place to start would be on this forums classifieds. Ebay is great for buying, but it is easy to get ripped off when you're selling and they will always side with the buyer in any dispute.

OP
OP
bladesman73

bladesman73

Über Member
thanks for the replies. what would be a decent sale price for a 2013 merida racelite 904 in very good condition.hardly any scratches on frame, 105 shifters and derailleurs, ultegra cassette and chain, campy zonda wheels.105 pedals.alu frame, carbon front forks and seatpost. i have looked after it so looks new. dont want to ask unrealistic price. bike cost 1k new and wheels cost 350 new but are 2 years old however have recently had hubs serviced

The last one I was going to sell I ended up swapping, for a bike far, far better. Result all round and I was just in the right place at the right time!

Slick

Guru
Just got an email from Evans who are looking for trade ins, might be worth a look.

vickster

Legendary Member
thanks for the replies. what would be a decent sale price for a 2013 merida racelite 904 in very good condition.hardly any scratches on frame, 105 shifters and derailleurs, ultegra cassette and chain, campy zonda wheels.105 pedals.alu frame, carbon front forks and seatpost. i have looked after it so looks new. dont want to ask unrealistic price. bike cost 1k new and wheels cost 350 new but are 2 years old however have recently had hubs serviced
£400-500? If you have the old wheels, might be better keeping the Zondas (didn't think they cost £350, maybe RRP)

I've never managed to sell a bike on here despite trying several times, eBay, bigger audience, BIN price (with best offer) taking the fees into account. Cash on collection only, no PayPal, too risky

Last edited:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
You need to post some pictures.

OP
OP
bladesman73

bladesman73

Über Member
some piccies

Attachments

• IMG_0440.JPG
    IMG_0440.JPG
    171.1 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0441.JPG