I'm sorry I havn't a clue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Salty seadog

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Predictable but still so good. I like nonsense and they were nothing but.The Humph years were by far the best.

TVC

I keep forgetting it's on, first rate stuff. I once tried to get tickets for a recording in Leicester, not a hope, sold out (given away) in ten minutes.

On the other hand, I found 'Just a Minute' got boring quite quickly.

OP
OP
Salty seadog

Salty seadog

I keep forgetting it's on, first rate stuff. I once tried to get tickets for a recording in Leicester, not a hope, sold out (given away) in ten minutes.

On the other hand, I found 'Just a Minute' got boring quite quickly.

I started my R4 comedy listening with JAM. Soon found ISIHAC and never looked back. R4 Extra provides plenty of entertainment too.

Reactions: TVC
Cockfosters

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Wonderful stuff and so gloriously un PC. Humph and his delivery was superb.
Sorry, I couldn't resist digging out a few quotes:

Humphrey Lyttelton: Incidentally, you may be interested to know that Colin's musical influences are, in fact, Middle Eastern in origin. Yes, mainly Shiite.

Humphrey Lyttelton: The pioneering feminist, Emmeline Pankhurst, was born in Manchester. Starting in 1910, Pankhurst campaigned noisily for women's rights outside Parliament every day from 4 o'clock in the afternoon. She would have got there earlier but she always had a stack of ironing to get through first.

Humphrey Lyttelton: I've just received this note from Samantha to say she's been delayed meeting a gentleman beekeeper friend near Warrington. Samantha's just started keeping bees herself and has three dozen or so, and she says her friend's an expert handler. Apparently he carefully takes out her 38 bees, and soon has them flying around his head.

Humphrey Lyttelton: Today, everything on TV is celebrity-driven, of course. I even notice on my pack of breakfast sausages, there's a picture of Antony Worrall Thompson. Underneath it says "prick with a fork".

OP
OP
Salty seadog

Salty seadog

Wonderful stuff and so gloriously un PC. Humph and his delivery was superb.
Sorry, I couldn't resist digging out a few quotes:

Humphrey Lyttelton: Incidentally, you may be interested to know that Colin's musical influences are, in fact, Middle Eastern in origin. Yes, mainly Shiite.

Humphrey Lyttelton: The pioneering feminist, Emmeline Pankhurst, was born in Manchester. Starting in 1910, Pankhurst campaigned noisily for women's rights outside Parliament every day from 4 o'clock in the afternoon. She would have got there earlier but she always had a stack of ironing to get through first.

Humphrey Lyttelton: I've just received this note from Samantha to say she's been delayed meeting a gentleman beekeeper friend near Warrington. Samantha's just started keeping bees herself and has three dozen or so, and she says her friend's an expert handler. Apparently he carefully takes out her 38 bees, and soon has them flying around his head.

Humphrey Lyttelton: Today, everything on TV is celebrity-driven, of course. I even notice on my pack of breakfast sausages, there's a picture of Antony Worrall Thompson. Underneath it says "prick with a fork".

I'm watching that live televised show now

Amanda P

Legendary Member
Humph was great, and it was hard to imagine how he could ever be replaced when he went. But Jack Dee, though different, is just as funny if not more so, I think.

And, yes, Just a Minute can get a little tired (depending on who's playing), and Nicholas Parsons isn't quite as sharp and quick as he once was. How much longer can he go on? And who can ever replace him?

Humph was great, and it was hard to imagine how he could ever be replaced when he went. But Jack Dee, though different, is just as funny if not more so, I think.

And, yes, Just a Minute can get a little tired (depending on who's playing), and Nicholas Parsons isn't quite as sharp and quick as he once was. How much longer can he go on? And who can ever replace him?
Pacman

Humphreys

Clary

Top Bottom