I'm stuck here -what's your excuse

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Melvil

wafflycat said:
I went out on my bike today! Hurrah! Spotted that strange glowing yellow ball in the sky that made the aky bright blue, so thought I'd make the most of it. Went out for a wee pootle with my cycling buddy from up the road. She & I went to a new Ye Olde Tea Shoppe where we drank gallons of tea before cycling back.

The events of life conspire to mean I'm not likely to get back on my bike until Tuesday although I am going to try to squeeze in a ride on Monday, even if it is only a short one.

When you next see that strange glowing ball in the sky could you ask it kindly to take a wee trip up to Scotland?

Big Bren

My excuse for not cycling today was a family outing - we all piled into the camper van early doors and headed up to Knaresborough for a day of walking, ending up with a couple of hours rowing on the Nidd. Terrific fun.

We're off to the Leeds festival tomorrow afternoon, so I have a pass for the morning; I intend to creep out of bed and bugger off for a 45 mile loop before any small people can waylay me!

Bren

postman

Legendary Member
Knaresborough one of my fav places saved my sanity in the lat eighties.Going thro a divorce then took out the frustrations on the roads between Moortown and Knars.Off nights before going to bed before late turn or after earlies love the place.Just found a new cafe near the boating area .

Big Bren

Yep, a lovely place; we're touring as much of Yorkshire as we can this summer, to inform the 'moving to the country' project. So far I'm favouring Ilkley, but my wife is in love with Knaresborough.

Bren

CycleWidow

My sympathies Mr Paul. I am stuck at home this lovely Sunday with a 2 year old with the same thing and hubby dearest has just up chucked in the toilet as we converse! He is however really pissed off as wont be out on the new bike this week by looks of things!
It is a 24hr bug but can really wipe your energy for a few more days too.
Jen:sad:

Thanks Jen

Boy number 2 had it on Monday. Boy number one started it on Thursday night. He's been wiped out for a couple of days, but is getting better. He's at the 'hard to get to eat because he doesn't feel like it, but doesn't understand that he wo't feel better until he starts eating' stage.

Lucozade

L

Top Bottom