I'm sure I heard my bike say "Thank you"...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
......as I walked away from it last night, having just cleaned off November and December's accumulation in mud and grime. At least two months without cleaning had left the mudguards looking like a vegetable patch, inside and out, and a head tube so thick in grime that the badge was covered. Nevermind the double thickness spokes on the rear wheel and the brake calipers missing under a pile of road & canalside crud.

Last edited:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
It wasn't "thank you", it was "why couldn't I have an owner who took better care of me?"

Two months ... xx(

Globalti

Legendary Member
I sold my Tricross to a colleague who looked after it by spraying the whole bike with WD40 every week. Next time I saw it the brakes were a sopping filthy mess of black greasy crap.....

Last edited:

Moodyman

Legendary Member
@BrumJim ignore them all. All that dirt keeps your bike protected from the elements :rolleyes:

That was my thinking. A layer of crud will keep the winter salt off the bike.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
You are imagining things, ignore the voices!

Seriously, bike cleaning is very over-rated. I clean my commuter every 4-5 years and as long as I do the required maintenance inbetween it runs like clockwork. Things seem to establish a healthy equilibrium after about 9-10 months :okay:
EDITED for typo.

Last edited:
Top Bottom