"I'm working"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I was cycling along here, heading right. Traffic was much like shown in the link: jammed solid turning left and a white van roughly where the black van is, except unable to move into the left turning lane as traffic there was not moving. He was sitting a little back from the lights, indicating left and was the only vehicle in either lane. I swung around him with the intention of passing hime and then moving in front of him back into the left lane. As I was passing him, he suddenly changed his mind and moved into my path without indicating. He clearly had no idea I was there, and as I took evasive action, I swore.

He wound down his window, waved his iPhone at me and said "I'm working". I was literally speechless.

abo

He wound down his window, waved his iPhone at me and said "I'm working". I was literally speechless.

Didn't you know, 'working' is the new hazard lights! He waved his iPhone at you as he was using the 'hazard lights' app, which you clearly failed to notice as you were too busy trying to save your own life. Shame on you :whistle:

Thanks for the advice. After getting away from him and off the road (on to CS3), I pulled out my phone and made a theatrical show of photographing his number plate. Got it, but there is a slight problem - there's a chance it wasn't the right van (people mover), so I wouldn't swear in court it was him, but I guess I can finger him on road safe.

XmisterIS, you got it. I was wearing something a bit fluffy (striped, breton-style top with black skirt and tights and red sneakers, and off to my consultant role on Canary Wharf. If he was lucky, he was on his way to pick up a fare from there.

Jezston

Über Member
Adison Lee?

Roadsafe doesn't work for me!

the box introduced by "Please provide as much detail as possible in order for us to deal with your information in the most effective way, please include such things as dates, times and places as well as details of any other people involved." only allows 256 characters. That was barely enough room for me to explain that it only allowed 256 characters.

Or am I using the wrong site? https://secure.met.police.uk/roadsafelondon/

lit

Hmm, they done away with that limit, seems they are playing silly buggers again.

I'd just overspill into another box.

DamoDoublemint

Roadsafe doesn't work for me!

the box introduced by "Please provide as much detail as possible in order for us to deal with your information in the most effective way, please include such things as dates, times and places as well as details of any other people involved." only allows 256 characters. That was barely enough room for me to explain that it only allowed 256 characters.

Or am I using the wrong site? https://secure.met.police.uk/roadsafelondon/

I use the driver address box to fill in the details, it's the only box big enough. Gaz contacted them a whil back to get the limit increased, I think they did for a short while before it changed back. I point this out every time I fill it in, I would have thought somebody would get it sorted at this stage.

Sometimes the box doesn't allow you much space, and I've complained about that. They weren't aware of the problem, but think it might be to do with what browser you're using.

Not sure whether it's worth using Roadsafe any more. More serious offences they write back to say they won't deal with it and you should report it via a Police Station so the Traffic Criminal Justice Unit can ignore it in the usual manner; less serious offences they don't bother contacting the person concerned. Now they've said that they will only pursue cases with some other form of evidence (such as video, which I can't afford atm), as a lot of drivers have written back to them to deny any offence (the News International Defence).

Just what is the point of reporting to Roadsafe any more?

DamoDoublemint

Sometimes the box doesn't allow you much space, and I've complained about that. They weren't aware of the problem, but think it might be to do with what browser you're using.

Not sure whether it's worth using Roadsafe any more. More serious offences they write back to say they won't deal with it and you should report it via a Police Station so the Traffic Criminal Justice Unit can ignore it in the usual manner; less serious offences they don't bother contacting the person concerned. Now they've said that they will only pursue cases with some other form of evidence (such as video, which I can't afford atm), as a lot of drivers have written back to them to deny any offence (the News International Defence).

Just what is the point of reporting to Roadsafe any more?

On one of my more serious ones, they told me to report it to the police. I filled out a form, dropped it off at the police station, spent a couple of months faffing about trying to get the video into a format that they could view, only for them to decide not to prosecute, and send the driver a letter. I would have been happy for roadsafe to do that in the first place.

Some drivers might deny it, but I would hope that getting a letter from the police would at least scare them into behaving a bit better next time. But if they aren't even going to send a letter without evidence, then I do wonder what the point it - most people don't have cameras.

Top Bottom