Image resizing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Would it be possible to have an image resize option when posting a photograph?
My phone saves them @ 3264 x 2448 when an ideal size on the forum is round about 800 x 608 (ish) so I have to manually reduce the size of all pics I want to post.

Ta

:smile:

Bimble

Bimbling along ...
AFAIK the forum software should automatically down-size images to certain width / height restrictions. Have you tried to upload one to see what it does?

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

AFAIK the forum software should automatically down-size images to certain width / height restrictions. Have you tried to upload one to see what it does?
Sometimes an image displays so large that it detracts from the post, and can take a while to upload from my phone.

Bimble

Bimbling along ...
Sometimes an image displays so large that it detracts from the post, and can take a while to upload from my phone.
Is this in the editor window whilst you are creating the post or after you've pressed the post button?

classic33

Leg End Member
Is this in the editor window whilst you are creating the post or after you've pressed the post button?
Editor window will often display
ATTACH=full]443950[/ATTACH
or
ATTACH]443950[/ATTACH

The second one giving a smaller image.

Square brackets missing either end to illustrate .

Last edited:
OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

It’s not necessarily posts I making, sometimes other people’s posts show as oversize. I normally resize my pics before posting. Saves Shaun some bandwidth as well, I reckon!

Shaun

Founder
The forum software should download a copy of any uploaded / linked image - resize it - and store it on the CC server for https delivery.

When you say it is oversized, is this on a tablet or mobile device?

Also, are these on some older threads (I tried to convert all linked images, but some may have slipped through).

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Shall I just upload images at the larger size? I’ve always reduces the size to 800

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Can you not edit them on the phone? Assuming it's an Android, there are quite a few (free) apps that do it very easily - I use this one - it works well

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

View attachment 377016
Upload one to this thread just so I can see what is happening ... :okay:

F9B6B2AD-359A-40B2-B30B-201472A3FD70.jpeg

This is via my iPhone.
I’ll do the same pic from the laptop later.

Shaun

Founder
That has uploaded okay - and has been resized to the max width of 1200 pixels - which is slightly wider than the normal desktop CC page size, so when you click it the image expands to show the rest. I kept it at quite a wide size to ensure there was plenty of detail on uploaded pics.

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Righto, cheers, Shaun. I’ll not bother resizing my pics then. It’s just something I’ve always done thinking that I had to resize to the forum max of 1200.
Thanks for the replies folks.

Top Bottom